Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Smithville Jamboree

He does that down here @ Athens every year too.

And yeah, seems like alot of the same folks we see as well.

Interesting!

3 Likes

He even struggled with saying Beaumont :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Poor guy… From beyuemont, Mister Gunner Slayer. It sounded like a stage name at a metal guitar competition. That said, I freely admit, that Gunnar has a unique name, so I give him some slack.

This is kind of like a uTube version of where’s Waldo? Still finding all the appearances, but very well done!!! I was thinking your banjo sounded really good and then I looked to see what kind it was :slight_smile: Yay!

5 Likes

The announcer… !
That was entertaining on it’s own.
As a girl with the name Simone, who frequently gets called “Simon” :confounded::woman_facepalming::rofl: by folks who dont know me & are expecting a guy not a girl, I can definitely associate when hearing other name faux pas …
I’m certainly not excluded from name mispronunciation. When I first met Gunnar, I incorrectly pronounced his last name “Solyer” (short “o” sound) when in fact its “Salyer” (just like it’s spelled, short “a” sound) which he promptly corrected me on :grimacing::grin:!

4 Likes

No. I thought about it, but then found out I’ll be flying to Africa on the 11th of that month, which is right in the middle of the convention.

I thought that when listening to the video also… it’s a good’n

That’s the most common mistake, and I don’t mind it that much, but it’s easier to correct it as I hear it so then those people will spread the proper pronunciation

4 Likes

Those guys are regulars at all the contests around here. They were at the GA state fiddlers convention and Weston also competed in a band at SPBGMA.

3 Likes

Dude! You are so talented and gifted! How on earth do you have time to be so proficient in so many instruments!?!

1 Like

Thanks!! It was a lot of practice hours

2 Likes