Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Sisters?

Kinda famous, I have heard of him.

2 Likes

Marty played this live at our show in Brighton Michigan - as I’m sure he does at most every show he performs! Our version was just Marty - doin’ a killer swingin’ Mando Solo!

That alone was worth the price of admission!

Marty = Living Legend

Thank you Archie!

1 Like

Katy and Penny have played the stage of the “Library of Congress”, about four years ago! They were the incredible backup players to “The Quebe Sisters Band”. I was on the YouTube site for the “Veterans History Project” where additional thumbnail images are listed to the right. There were three short blondes and two tall redheads, shown in the stamp size photo; I knew I had to view after the VHP’s info downloaded. Once on the big screen, there was no doubt about the stunning backup they played; but it took forty-five minutes for them to be introduced; worth the wait! They play “The Purple Hulls” song “No Power in the Water” as a duo and are joined by three National Fiddle Champs all; The Quebe Sisters. Top tier performance by all the sisters! I will place separate information on the Veterans History Project.

2 Likes

Heres the YouTube address: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN1mODxfd18

2 Likes

LOL! The girls are all walking out on stage and 2 mics are set higher than 3 of the girls are tall. Hhhmmm… I wonder who will use those mics. :rofl:

Great stuff! I don’t know why Katy and Penny parted ways with the Quebe Sisters, but if I had to guess, it just wasn’t the sound for them. I much prefer the sound of The Purple Hulls.

48:33… the twins modulated up a key… live… with a banjo! :astonished::astonished::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

Two of the Quebe sisters are engaged (one now married) to two brothers, one plays swing guitar and the other does booking, etc. It made sense to the Quebes to make it a family venture. They parted ways on very good terms.

1 Like

Just saw the Quebe sisters at the Delaware Valley bluegrass festival this weekend. I was hoping to see the twins, but instead saw the new guitar player and bassist. I must admit that I like the current arrangements better than when they just had the one big fellow playing guitar behind them a few years back. Later that evening Jerry Douglas and the Earls of Leicester performed. Not a bad festival. :wink:

3 Likes