Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Silent Night Duet (Collaboration with Grace)

Hi Fellow pickers,
It’s been ages since I’ve made a post, let alone post a video, but I’m still picking, although I must admit not as much. To tell the truth I’ve been focusing more on other types of music (mostly CCM). Grace @GraceS and I have been working on Silent Night for a few weeks now, and I realized yesterday that it’s almost Christmas, so we hastily recorded it and I threw it together. Don’t be alarmed if the video doesn’t match what I’m playing, I improvised both times so it’s slightly different. It wasn’t the same as getting to record it together, but hopefully we’ll be able to get together in a couple weeks to pick. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Next year we’re gonna do it again (together though) and we’re gonna sing too, but Grace doesn’t know that yet. :shushing_face:
16 Likes

hey good to see you!! Sounds great!

3 Likes

That was Beautiful Guy’s so much so I pulled out my banjo and played along. christmas-bears-singing

4 Likes

Excellent job guys! Great to see more and more people collaborating. Did you get a ton of snow? Binghamton got 41 inches.

4 Likes

Thanks @Shaky_loves_banjo, @Archie, @Treblemaker. I will tell Grace y’all enjoyed it. We quite unfortunately did not get 41 inches (I would’ve got to start my job earlier if we did), we got only about 2-3 inches.
@Archie I’m glad you enjoyed playing along, and I’m glad I’m not the only person who does that sometimes…

4 Likes

To let you into a little secret. It’s the first time I tried it Harrison usually tunes are way too fast. This one I could follow the chord progression by ear.

3 Likes

@D_HRRFan7303, @GraceS, excellent job! Each note sounded clear as a crystal. You must have put in lot of efforts to compile it all. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Jack, I heard in the news that someone was buried in the car alive for 10 hours in the vicinity, despite several 911 calls, and cops could only locate at the end to rescue him.

2 Likes

Life in the snowbelt! Gotta love it.

3 Likes

I know! Used to live there, but glad I moved out! :slight_smile: But it looks beautiful in the winter, and feels so pleasant in the height of summer!

3 Likes

Nope yer not! I’m guilty…
Awesome job Harrison & Grace!! And great to see you posting a picking video! :grin::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Real nice job! Enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing the snow too!

3 Likes

I didn’t expect all these Christmas gifts this year!! Great job you two!

3 Likes

Great!

2 Likes

good show - merry christmas!

1 Like

Wow thanks so much @JohnM, @Simone, @Mike_R, @BanjoBen, @Severin, and @frankb_be !
It’s the day before Christmas eve… should I attempt to make another video? That is the question…

3 Likes

@D_HRRFan7303
“Absolutely”, “yes”, and, “of course” !! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great job! It sounded great!

3 Likes

@D_HRRFan7303 Do it!

2 Likes

I’m thoroughly enjoying all of these collaborations. That’s what music is all about. Great job y’all!

3 Likes