Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Shucking the Corn (Fleck lite)

Playing around with this old tune. Fleck lite but Flunked the Fleck (haha).

14 Likes

greatjob1 @Ol_Papa Chuck

2 Likes

Great pickin Chuck!

1 Like

Mighty fine! up

1 Like

Thanks Simone. Can’t remember if you were with us when we picked that at the Fiddlers Convention.

2 Likes

I think yall did pick it - but I just chopped chords - I really need to learn it, love that song!

1 Like

Yep, you hung in there with us (haha).

2 Likes

Great picking @Ol_Papa. Never heard that song before, but I really like it.

1 Like

Thanks KevinB. Old Scruggs song. Tried to put just a little Bela Fleck flavor in it.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on that one too, at least a version of Shuckin the Corn. You’re way ahead of me though… Sounds great!!

1 Like

Outstanding! :banjo::banjo::banjo:!

I particularly like your camera angle. It’s informative, instructional and it’s a lot better than my banjo face!

2 Likes

Not tech savvy at all Banjoe. iPhone was propped up on the TV (can see the football game reflection in the tailpiece Ha ha). Just it’s internal mic, so sound is not too good and no mix for the background track but glad it is useful for you.

2 Likes

Guess what song I’ll be learning before next year’s fiddlers convention comes around ? - haha :rofl:!

2 Likes

There ya go. If James and Bob show up again they are a walking library of oldies but goodies. They will play all night. Bring your recording phone and lots of coffee (haha).

3 Likes

Wow! Very impressive.

1 Like

Man that sounds great! I like the melodic ideas. How long have you been playing?

2 Likes

I played a lot in my twenties and early thirties. Set the banjo down for almost 30 years (banjo burnout/family/life). Picked it back up a couple years ago.

5 Likes

Outstanding job!
:clap:

1 Like