Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Shorter Cabin Camp 2023?

Hey @BanjoBen I am curious….why is the Montana Cabin Camp so much shorter than the Nashville one I attended in April? If I remember the announcement it said day 3 ends at 2PM…a solid 9 (or more) hours shorter than day 3 in Nashville? This is a show stopper for me…I’m comfortable with $899 for 2 1/2 full days but I cannot justify it for 2 half days and a whole. Am I missing something? Also…does this mean you are not planning a Cabin Camp earlier in Nashville? I was hoping to make this an annual 2 1/2 day event.

Thanks,
Ron

1 Like

Hey Ron! Great question and I’m happy to answer. Without getting into all the numbers, it cost me ~40% more to conduct a cabin camp in Montana than it does Nashville. Montana is quite expensive to travel to and I carry a lot of staff out there. I also don’t have as many campers, so you can probably see how I arrive at that amount pretty easy.

Regarding Cabin Camps in the spring, I do not quite know yet. It will be toward the end of the year before I know if I’m having a Nashville spring camp. You might say things are a movin’ and a shakin’ at the Clark house :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Ben. That all makes sense to me. I like Nashville since it’s a much shorter drive…but on the other hand driving to Montana I could stop at my daughter’s house in South Dakota for a visit…so maybe I’ll give it some thought.

Hope all the movin’ and a shakin’ at the Clark house is good. Is the youngest playing a mandolin yet? Gotta start ‘em young! (Totally enjoyed playing in Band Six with Charlie Bell!)

3 Likes

Your loyal fans always appreciate the sincerity!

1 Like