Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Short Question

Just a very short question: What does the 0 or the 1 to the right of the topic

1 Like

That’s how many times people have clicked on an external link. All of the ones in that picture were embedded, so not many people clicked the link to leave the site

ok, but zero people can’t be either? there have been many comments written, then there should be more than 0?

1 Like

Mine all read “0” too so don’t take it too seriously. I’ve got nonzero counters on the youtube side of the link that I take to heart more than these tiny little zeroes.

3 Likes

Ok… You have a yt channel?

1 Like

I do. It’s where I park video for public scrutiny. I have a commercial website where I park mp3 audio. So when I share video here, I embed a youtube link into the post, and when I share an audio track, I embed my own website’s URL for the track itself.

It takes about ten minutes to set up a new youtube account; if you’re gonna be sharing video with the world, it’s a reasonable place to do it.

This forum is rife with folk who can make ample recommendations about online self-promotion; I’m typical of the ilk, so to speak…

2 Likes

Send the link to your channel. yes I also have a few songs on yt … but I would have discussed them in the forum first … I just posted them to make contacts. And so I can only say if I am on the right path … because I am not going to a teacher.

2 Likes

Hi @Severin I believe it provides @BanjoBen with a statistic account of what’s been happening on the site. Can see no other reason for this.

2 Likes

Hi Archie, ok… thanks…

1 Like

If the video appears in the page, and you watch the video without going to YouTube it doesn’t put a number. The number shows how many people clicked an external link, so 0 people can have clicked the link to YouTube but still have several people watch the video

3 Likes

Thanks for solving the mystery Gunnar

3 Likes