Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Sharp, pointy things

I have been interested in knives for years. Almost as long as music. Anyone else share this interest?

2 Likes

Like pocket knifes or them big ol’ Kitchen knives?

i think ALL guys have at least some interest in knives. I’ve thrown them on and off for a few years but now my target board died a slow pointy death so i haven’t flung daggers in a while

I love a good knife, though I’m not an expert. A friend sent me a vintage Benchmade Emerson model last week, model CQC7.

IMG_1145

1 Like

Also, Bobby Branton is a member of the site, perhaps you’d like to support his business: https://www.brantonknives.com/

I met Bobby years ago!

Belt knives, skinners, folders, flippers, I have a LOT of knives

img_0863
This is my favorite all purpose woodsman knife… a Kephart replica

1 Like

Never been a “knife guy” per se, but I like tools and if they work well, that is even better. Pocket knives are my favorites, and while I have owned a few Gerbers and Bucks over the years, my favorite by far was a cheap Coast knife designed by Ron Lake. It is a rapid response (assisted open) knife with a very nice lock for both open and closed position. The knife opens and closes smoothly (due to bearings on the pivot) and stays tight with the handle. The blade is just short of 4" and has a nice serrated section for cutting rope. Unfortunately, the steel is not the best, but it does sharpen nicely.

It is a Coast RX321

1 Like

Knives never did tick any boxes for me.

1 Like

Which one do you eat with?

4 Likes

The BIGGEST one of course. Fit’s my mouth

4 Likes

image`

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Like most men, I carry a pocket knife everyday. I just gave my 4 year old son his first pocket knife a while back. He absolutely loves to carry it! Although I had to remove it from on top of his backpack one day…looks like he was getting ready to take it to school! He’s all boy😄

2 Likes