Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Scruggs Style Backup Class by Russ Carson

Hi Guys Bennett has just posted the videos on his website. Just checking them out now.

He just got the follow up videos uploaded. Much better. I can work with these.

https://www.banjobyear.me/products/russ-carson-backup-class

(You’ll need your login credentials for the above link to work.)

Thanks Mark, Just downloaded the High Def Vids, . These new video’s are excellent but alas no explanation of what Russ is doing. I am fortunate I have VLC Media Player which allows me to slow down and loop videos Also Video Surgeon which allows me to zoom in on the left and right hands if needs be.

1 Like

Exactly what I was planning to do later.

I’ve never used video surgeon (might have to check that out) but you can also zoom in using VLC Media Player.

Came in really handy back when I was figuring out what Ben was doing in their Dancin’ On My Grave video. I’d zoom in to a hand and then loop the video section and slow it down.

I didn’t know that was possible with VLC. I bought Video Surgeon as a tool for downloading videos from YouTube when the free tool I was using stopped working.

1 Like

I just sat down to start playing with this lesson. I’m only just now realizing what a benefit those TEF files are. I knew I used them a lot, but WOW! Having to work on this with just a real time video and a PDF file kinda sucks. :slight_smile:

Don’t ever leave us, Ben. We’re spoiled!

2 Likes