Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Scottish Accent - Gunnar

Hi Gunnar, I thought I would continue this conversation here.

Gunnar Some Scottish accents are just as difficult to understand as some Irish accents. I am sure the same is true in parts of the US.

Here are few samples of Scottish regional accents. I could have included many many more but since most of the video’s I researched were extremely funny and entertaining they also included profanities and therefore decided it inappropriate to post links here.

Doric - Aberdeenshire

Dumbartonshire Accent

Shetlandic

Scottish Borders Accent

5 Likes

Awesome :joy: I love accents (all accents) I can do a few different British ones, a Scottish one (sometimes) an Irish one, I can do Welsh when singing come thou fount of every blessing, I can do an Australian accent, a Cape colored, a few varieties of American, Italian, Spanish, French, Mexican, I can even do American, Mozambican and Brazilian, in Portuguese. Oh, and Indian. I would absolutely love to visit Scotland, It’s one of my dream destinations

3 Likes

I am sure one day you will visit Scotland. It may seem small on a world map but not that small when your here. It’s packed full of interesting people and beautiful places to visit.

4 Likes

You speak Brazilian Portuguese?

1 Like

I can. I usually speak African Portuguese cuz it’s more relevant, (here) but I can do Brazilian too

2 Likes

Que legal @Dragonslayer!

Quando você quiser… Você pode falar português comigo.

2 Likes

We enjoyed our (far too) brief visit to Edinburgh… Over a weekend when I was working in Deeside (NW England right on the border of Wales).

We had a non-working weekend so I asked my wife of she preferred to see London or Scotland. Her choice was Scotland and we were NOT disappointed with Scotland and still want to visit again one day…

3 Likes

Tudo bem, mas meu Portuguese e muito fraco na escreve. Eu pode falar mas não pode escrever nada :joy::joy:

2 Likes

On topic, Julie Fowlis has one of my favorite accents to listen to

2 Likes

MUITO BEM, Cara…

Como você aprendeu?

2 Likes
5 Likes

Um poco de Rosetta Stone, mas o maior parte foi ns rua, falando com outro pessoas

2 Likes

Parabéns! Estou impressionante @Dragonslayer !

3 Likes

Cool video… Awesome scenery!

3 Likes

I could literally listen to her speak or sing all day, her accent is so calming

4 Likes