Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Salt Creek – First song learned on the site

Hey there, I signed up here a week or two ago and just recorded myself playing Salt Creek to share with some friends. But I thought — why not post it here too! So, here goes… Let me know what you think.

Greetings from Lithuania!

26 Likes

Welcome to the forum Andrius!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Nice picking!

5 Likes

Wow, way to make an entrance Andrius :clap::hugs: That was fantastic. You say this was the first song you learned from the @BanjoBen site and that was two weeks ago? Please tell me you’ve been playing for a long time.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you’ll stay a while and join in; it’s a very helpful and fun community. Glad to have you here.

6 Likes

Heh, I actually started playing just about a year ago almost exactly – I think this banjo arrived in mid-February last year. But I’ve been playing guitar for around 10 years (since I was 18 or so) and a lot of that was fingerstyle, which defininitely carries over. I got into playing bluegrass two years ago, started on guitar, moved on to banjo, and I’m thinking I might get me a mandolin too, eventually. :smile:

8 Likes

OK, I feel a little better then. I was afraid you were going to tell me you just started playing a month or two ago. Thanks.

8 Likes

Thats not a guy who’s only just started a few weeks ago

Very nice picking

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Andrius. Nice pickin.

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, gang!

Also, apologies, didn’t mean to make it seem as if I’d been playing for a short time. If I had to guess, I’d say that in this past year, I’ve spent probably in the region of 200-300 hours practicing the banjo. Probably an average of 2 hours every Saturday/Sunday, with the occasional 3-4 hour session thrown in — took more than a couple of weekends off, of course. But I do reach for the banjo when I can!

6 Likes

Enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Nicely done!

4 Likes

Yes, that was great!

4 Likes

Andrius, that was excellent, and welcome to the board!

5 Likes

That was great @Andrius. Nicely done!! Yes, welcome to this fantastic group!!! Look forward to seeing you around!

6 Likes

Wow, great job!! And I want to come visit Lithuania!

4 Likes

Thanks, Ben! Also, do come visit — the best time for it is during the height of summer, late June, July, early August. :wink:

5 Likes

Hey that was great! Lets hear more!

3 Likes