Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Rolls

Howdy, well still working on all my rolls and trying to get the recording right, got a question I am working on forward and reverse rolls and working on 110 pbm the lesson is set up to 130 pbm ( if I remember right) should I wait till I am at the 130 or when I feel good at the 110 pbm so Ben can tell me how bad I really am LOL and I don’t want to waste Ben’s time telling me where I know I am messing up. well tell me what you think.

5 Likes

110 bpm (Beats Per Minute) will be just fine to get some pointers on the basics. IMHO, I’d want to get tips before I played incorrectly long enough to develop bad habits.

8 Likes

Never a waste of time to seek counsel! 110 is good to continue on, speed will come.

7 Likes

thanks now get the recording

3 Likes

This weekend I am going to try recording myself, I am a perfectionist I know I’ll never be an Earl or a Banjo Ben but I require perfection from myself and challenge myself to meet that goal. that’s why I am a woodwork craftsman love the game of golf and learning music, wish me luck lol. God Bless all.

8 Likes

Looking forward to it. Just keep in mind the old saying “Don’t let perfection be the enemy of the good.”

You’ll drive yourself nuts if you wait for a perfect video before you post. I’m speaking from experience. :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks Mark I’ll try and keep that in mind

1 Like