Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Roger Adams from Fayetteville, Arkansas

Roger%20Adams

What was it that first got you interested in playing the guitar, mandolin or banjo?
I play all 3 instruments(Guitar, Banjo, and mandolin). My aunt and Uncle got me interested in guitar since they played. Had the privilege of seeing an 8 track recording done. When i was 16 we had an 8 track of Bill Monroe’s Voice From On High album. Loved the banjo on the album.
Jams started having so many guitars and banjos around here but few mandolins, so i decided to learn mandolin.

How long have you been playing and what’s your motivation to play?
I started at 12 with guitar (still just a rhythm player). Banjo at 16 and mandolin at around 45. I would say my motivation is just to be able to add to any song I’m involved in. I have an instrument in my hand everyday because I want the music I play to touch people. Practice is what is required.

What’s your favorite lesson on Ben’s site and how has it helped you improve?
The foundations of right hand/ left hand technique on mandolin, plus seeing guest JP was an inspiration. I find myself lacking and go back to the basics of his videos.

What’s your goal when playing?
I can chop and do somewhat simple breaks. My goal is to use this site to become much more versatile and cleaner in my picking right hand.

What’s your favorite hobby?
Music is really my only hobby.

How long have you been a Gold Pick member?
This will be my second Gold Membership. I re-joined a few days ago.

What do you do for a living?
I am a Security/CCTV/Fire Alarm technician.

7 Likes

Congrats Rodger on being selected this weeks GPMOTW.

1 Like

Nice to meet you Roger!

That guitar looks like it has a huge sound hole.

1 Like

Congratulations Roger. Nice to meet you.

1 Like

Mike_R
Thats an amazing 1970 D-28 that has been totally reworked. Belongs to a buddy i pick with, but already had the soundhole opened by previous owner. That canon sounds like a 40s Martin.

3 Likes