Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

RIP Red Martin

Red was a friend of mine for 30+ years. He was a fine Michingan multi-instrumentalist and singer who was well know around the Midwest. Passed away this morning …80yrs old. .

I’ve seen many sunrises while staying up picking with Red over the years. He will be greatly missed by .many. Here’s a video from about 10 yrs ago.

16 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your buddy passing. That was some great banjo picking in the video, I could listen to it all day

6 Likes

It’s tough when you loose a friend, sorry to hear of your lost Dave.

4 Likes

Thanks.

Archie,
I’m not so sure it’s harder than watching them deteriorate. I watched Red decline physically and mentally for quite a few years. He was one tough old guy and put up a good fight, but Cancer finally beat him.

5 Likes

I can relate to watching them deteriorate. I watched my three elder brothers and two elder sisters struggle on for years with different medical issues and felt totally helpless to their needs.

5 Likes

Condolences for the passing of your friend. Hold on to your memories together.

5 Likes

Very sorry for your loss @Fiddle_wood.

Dave, you Red an his family are in my prayers…

5 Likes

So sorry for the passing of your friend, Dave (@Fiddle_wood). And thanks for sharing his video. I’m sure you helped fulfill his life through those music get togethers.

5 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your friend :cry:

5 Likes

Sad news. Find joy in the memories.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that, @Fiddle_wood.

5 Likes