Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Right hand arm rest problem

Hi All -

I’m been self learning for just over a 1 1/2 years now. I’m having a problem with my right hand getting sore laying across the arm rest. Making a crease or indentation on my arm that begins to get uncomfortable. Should I turn the banjo more toward me? Right now I have a strap and it sits between and resting on my open legs. I don’t have the long stretch arms that some do.

Bill…

2 Likes

Hi @bmclure200 Bill welcome back to @BanjoBen 's Forum.

This kind of query is difficult to answer just from a text explanation, it would help if you included a video so that Ben could see how you are holding your banjo and how your strap is supporting the banjo. Your arm being uncomfortable might be a result of you applying pressure to the armrest with your forearm, having a crease or indentation kinda indicates your squeezing the banjo too tightly.

1 Like

Hey Bill!

You should really try out one of these armrests…so very comfy:

2 Likes

I use the Dr Arm rests… they help me… very comfortable!

1 Like

I’m going to try and get a video made. This evening I tilted the banjo more towards me and it seemed to help. I think my strap is limiting me. I might try one of the arm rest the Ben mentioned above.

4 Likes

Hey Bill,
After you decide on the Dr. Arm armrest, maybe consider kicking it up a notch and having some custom engraving done on it.
Really adds a bit of “class” to it.
Check out the General Chit Chat forum for more details and pics.
Just something to consider. :+1: