Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Red (actually Hex) river valley

Filmed this in the car driving through the Hex river valley, and timed it perfectly to finish right as we went into the tunnel!

14 Likes

Nice! & the speed of the crosspicking coming out clean! I’m still at snail speed on this one, which isnt really my biggest worry… my biggest worry is the dead dud unclean sounding notes I’m getting due to neighboring fingers deadening the picked note… time & more practice are my friends lol! Oh yeah, & the scenery passing by is just awesome!

4 Likes

Oh wow… Playing while travelling in a car is probably not a great environment to record music, but it did not seem to have bearing on your playing and the music sounded perfect (except maybe for the starting trouble, but I know you do it at one take), great job!

Also this is one of my favorite songs!

3 Likes

I give it :+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

Crosspicking is one of my favorite techniques, and one I’m most comfortable with.

I didn’t notice any starting trouble I’ll have to listen again. This was actually third take, the first was good, but then we came to better scenery so I retook and train wrecked once before this one. But I do usually only do one take

2 Likes

hmm… let me see if anyone else notices it. It does not diminish the excellent performance though… I guess then I will take it as your variation!

2 Likes

Was it in the first solo? And can you give a time stamp or what lyric it was over? I’m just curious now

1 Like

I thought you had an extra beat for no charge at 0:03… :wink:

2 Likes

So long as they are there, nothing to worry I guess! Just a matter of time and you be there! I too had sweaty and soft fingers for so long that I never thought would go away and that I have to put up with it but the fingers have become better in just the last year, maybe more practicing or I don’t know what helped.

2 Likes

I just listened again and I don’t think I did. I might have added a note to the walk in though (starting on 2 instead of 3)

2 Likes

I didn’t notice anything either. Great job BTW, nice scenery

3 Likes

It’s a camo note! :wink:

3 Likes

That song is perfect for the scenery, the road trip… everything. Love it!

And perfect timing of course… and now we are in the tunnel.

5 Likes

Thanks y’all!

1 Like