Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Recording King RD-328 Vs. Blueridge BR60

Hello everyone and @BanjoBen and @Jake :wave:

I maybe be in the market for a guitar and was looking at these two as potential candidates (Blueridge BR-60 or Recording Kind RD-328).

I was wondering if anyone has done a compare and contrast between the two, or if anyone can share some insight on why they would choose one over the other?
Any input will help me a lot with my decision :slight_smile:

Thank you!

5 Likes

I’ve never play the Recording King, but I’ve played quite a few Blueridge guitar and they’ve all been pretty amazing. They’re great guitars for the money imo.

4 Likes

Great guitars both, but the RK is more impressive in my opinion :wink:

6 Likes

Well, @Jake used to play an Eastman E6D and now he plays a Recording King RD-328, so I would take that as a pretty high recommendation

5 Likes

Don’t forget the Eastman Guitars. They are phenomenal guitars, they will surprise you.

4 Likes

Yes I was looking at those too. I own an Eastman myself. I got it for about $600 or so. But yes you’re right … the for sure have that punch!

3 Likes

I’m with Ben on this one. The Recording King is a lot of guitar for that money. Solid Adirondack top, solid rosewood S&B, forward shifted bracing, 1 piece mahogany neck, Grover tuners; nice parts designed by one of the best guitar designers in the business. The top is said to be “aged” 30 years. If it is, that is possibly an amazing instrument at a silly cheap price. Plus it has herringbone purfling. Just make sure you get a complete setup when you first get it; that can make all the difference.

4 Likes

Are you planning on physically trying these out for yourself or ordering? You’re going to get different opinions from different people and never really get a solid answer. It’s best to try them out for yourself if possible. It’s not just about sound either… feel is just as important. Looks play a role as well for some folks.

I recently checked out a small music store in my travels. The place looked like a hole in the wall from the outside, but was quite nice inside. There were four different Blueridge guitars that I tried… one sounded stellar! I mean, better than most Martins I’ve played and other high end guitars. It was literally amazing. The other three were awful. I couldn’t believe they were all from the same company. Yes, they were different models but I couldn’t get over the difference. I believe the one I liked was either a BR-160A or a BR-70A. I’m pretty sure it was the 70, but I didn’t care for all the Abalone. The sound was incredible though. I’ve never tried Recording King or Eastman but my point is, if at all possible, go play them before you buy. Many people have went in to music stores with something specific in mind and left with something they may hadn’t even considered.

If you can’t physically try them out, the advice you’re getting from the folks here is good. They know music as well as the instruments they play or buy and sell. And DR is right… Look at what you’re getting for the value.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

4 Likes

Wow! You almost have me sold on the RK with all the in depth info :smile:
I appreciate that, thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you so much @jw11 !
That’s some solid advice.
And yes, I was planning on ordering because of the whole pandemic going on,
but I’ll check to see if music stores have re-opened around my area to see if I can go see them in person.

I was planning on ordering from the General Store too, so I know I’m taken care of with the set up :wink:
Thank’s for chiming in! This helps too.

6 Likes