Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Random Banjo Chord Generator

Hi all

I just uploaded a little app that you can use to get to know the fretboard better.

It’s called the “Random Banjo Chord Generator” and you can find it here : http://www.eagle-owl.be/randomChordGenerator/index.html

The purpose of this app is to give you 3, 5 or 10 chords at random that you need to look for on your fretboard.
You can have chords with or without accidentals (flats or sharps)
You can have chords in 3 positions : Root, 1st inversion, 2nd inversion
You can have chords with or without minor, dominant 7 or (half) diminished character

Check it out, and please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions !

Thank you very much !

Erwin

2 Likes

Very cool. This goes handy with some charts I made up a while back. The link is broken, so I’ll post them here again. Maybe some day uploads will stop going away after a while.

BanjoCombinedChordInversions.pdf (318.3 KB)

Mark,
I’m getting an error trying to access the pdf. Don’t know if it is me or whatever…

"Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site’s feedback category."

Well that sure didn’t take long. Seems the board removes attachments faster and faster these days. No idea why.

Want me to email it to you?

I get the same Error 500. @Mark_Rocka Is this file stored on @BanjoBen 's site ?

No. It’s something I made a while back. It’s a PDF file of all of the major, minor, and 7th chords on banjo. I’ve uploaded it here to the board a couple of times, but it always ends up gone.

Hi Mark,

I would be interested in your chart. Could you send me a copy, thanks.

johnbmcglade@gmail.com

Thanks,

John

1 Like