Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Questionable Pick Addiction Problem

Since I am still staying with family in Louisiana during the week and going to Texas on the weekends I have some instruments in both locations. I have a pick holder on my keychain so I can have my favorite picks with me wherever I am BUT I think I may have a problem. My pick holder holds my new Toneslab’s JS-Tri, a Toneslab teardrop, a Bluechip CT-55, plus one of my wife’ clown barf picks. At this point if I am ever mugged, I would come out better giving my wallet away to make sure my pick holder doesn’t get taken since it is much more valuable :slight_smile: It is looking like I may need to find a pick-addiction counselor (but I do like using different picks).

@BanjoBen please don’t start a Pick-of-the-Month subscription club. When I added up my $127 dollars worth of picks on my keychain, my wife asked how many picks do you have (she’s has the $2 pick). I guess I need to disclose the other bluechip that stays in Texas.

12 Likes

LOLOL, that’s awesome!

2 Likes

Tell her just to be thankful you don’t play golf. It’s not the bag of Golf Clubs that will bankrupt you it’s the Golf Club membership fees.

2 Likes

Haha @Archie. She actually has a bit more that a pick addiction, she can purchase an instrument at the drop of a hat.

2 Likes

Get a tiny custom Calton case for your picks!

7 Likes

I have been to two of Ben’s camps. In both cases I went with “mad money”… money to spend however I want. After the first camp, I came home and was chatting with the missus about how the camp went.
She asked me what I bought at his camp.
I said - a hoodie, and two picks.
“How much did you spend?”
I said “about 120.00.”
She replied… “wow - that was an expensive hoodie!”
I told her “The hoodie was around 30.00”
She just stared.

I feel your pain, my friend.

Mr%20G%20%20poster

10 Likes

Don’t fall in the water. No, you don’t have a problem…or, not until you’ve bought (and sold) 3 guitars in 3 days. Just some guy I know. Not me, of course. My wife and I call it “the weekend of the 3 guitars.”

The struggle is real.

3 Likes