Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Question on value of a Banjo

@Archie I keep trying To get them in posted I have down sized them resized them and downsized them again and they just will not upload keeps telling me they are to large

that add I posted up just to say the one I purchased is real similar to that one in the add that head stock where the tuning machines are mounted is a little different on mine also mine looks more like a fiddle where my tuners are mounted
Have looked the one I purchased over several times and still have found no numbers,names or anything that would give me an indication as to who made it

1 Like

H Don I guess the original image must be pretty large or the compression tool isn’t working for you. You could always make a video, upload to you tube and post the link here and on the BHO.

Banjo%201%20(2)

@Archie finally figured it out more photos to come

2 Likes

Ok so don’t reduce them quite so much

Banjo%201%20(2)

@Archie is that any better

1 Like

Hi Don, This photo of Earl is 550 x 440 pixels I think you could get an even larger photo to upload say 1000 x 2000 pixel

Ear%20Scruggs

3 Likes

@Archie I think that’s as big as I can get them

3 Likes

that’s much better

3 Likes

2 Likes

Will take some more and get them up

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

@Archie what are your thoughts on it so far was it worth the $150 I paid, if not that’s ok I am still happy with it, just wish it was lighter LOL

will take the resonator off and take some photos also will try to get full photos of front and back

1 Like

It looks a fine looking banjo the maple leaf inlay on the peg head looks neat and pretty distinctive. All three of my banjo’s have heavy metal tone rings. I think you did well to get it for $150.

I think someone on the BHO may be better placed to offer up an opinion as to it’s originality and value. I myself would be pleased to own it even if it proved not to be an original A. E. Smith Banjo.

2 Likes

Check this link

1 Like

@Archie Thank you for your input I have three more photos i will put up it has been a choir just figuring out how to get them in LOL.

1 Like

@Archie that looks almost just like the one I purchased Interesting

Check out this A E Smith open back model it has a similar maple leaf inlay albeit its crooked

1 Like

2 Likes