Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Question on value of a Banjo

2 Likes

Will take some more and get them up

3 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

@Archie what are your thoughts on it so far was it worth the $150 I paid, if not that’s ok I am still happy with it, just wish it was lighter LOL

will take the resonator off and take some photos also will try to get full photos of front and back

1 Like

It looks a fine looking banjo the maple leaf inlay on the peg head looks neat and pretty distinctive. All three of my banjo’s have heavy metal tone rings. I think you did well to get it for $150.

I think someone on the BHO may be better placed to offer up an opinion as to it’s originality and value. I myself would be pleased to own it even if it proved not to be an original A. E. Smith Banjo.

2 Likes

Check this link

1 Like

@Archie Thank you for your input I have three more photos i will put up it has been a choir just figuring out how to get them in LOL.

1 Like

@Archie that looks almost just like the one I purchased Interesting

Check out this A E Smith open back model it has a similar maple leaf inlay albeit its crooked

1 Like

2 Likes

Last one I promise LOL

2 Likes

@Archie that was the Maple leaf I was going by also all be it I have not been able to find any later models other than the one add i posted up

I have seen a similar new Asian built banjo for sale in a shop in the UK with a clear head and eagle motive in the resonator. Priced around £500 but that was several years ago

1 Like

@Archie It may vary well turn out to be an Asian but I will say it does have a pretty sweet sound if it is an Asian model I think it was worth the $150

Again can not thank you enough for your help

I will also say I do not know if I want to learn to play this Banjo simply because of the weight of it probably some where in the neighbor hood of 14-15 pounds if i do decide to play a Banjo I think I would have to look for a nice open back model

I understand, I am 73 and I guess I just got used to having a heavy banjo.

1 Like