Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Question for Banjo Ben

@BanjoBen

Our band, Headin’ Home Bluegrass, is almost finished with the recording of our first album. We’ve recorded the songs (12) in Logic and will have all those files available. It is obviously in a rough state, and will need a lot of mixing, editing, and mastering. Do you have any recommendations of studios or individuals that do that? We are basically looking for someone to “produce” the album we recorded at home.

Thank you!
Luke

7 Likes

Email Dewey and tell him I sent you: dewey@fortyonefifteen.com

7 Likes

How hard is it to start a bluegrass band ?

2 Likes

Start by finding a couple friends to pick with! Make a band name. Then try a few open mics to practice playing together. If you have an established sound and a good repertoire, create a website. Get some flyers and business cards and spread them around locally.

8 Likes

This might be a dumb question but how do I find people to play with?

2 Likes

Try asking at a local guitar store, they sometimes can point you to jams. Otherwise, ask around online or in person at church or social gatherings, put an ad in the paper or go to a local park and just start picking. These all have some potential, and if there’s other folk to pick with, that’s the best way to find them. Some places just don’t have other pickers though

6 Likes

all good places, thanks

1 Like

Look online for a bluegrass, or folk association in your area. or State…they should be able to help you find musicians in your area.

This depends on too many factors to give an answer…

Availability of musicians, level of musicianship, willingness to drive/travel, similar goals, taste in music, agreement on effort put forth, how personalities match up…etc…

It can be as easy as showing up at a jam or festival for the first time and meeting the right folks…or you may look for 10 years without getting into any regular unit that lasts any amount of time…

10 Likes

I see thanks

1 Like

What do you suggest for just a simple mix so I can play multiple instruments together like you?

1 Like

Try to find a bass player and one other, if possible. Good bass players are tough to find, so another guitar player would be a great way to start. I find that I learned how to be musical by playing in a duet, maybe more so than a full band.

10 Likes

Perfect thanks

1 Like

If you need some help getting a basic rhythm track down to record with, you might try some online collaboration.

There are a some folks right here on the forum (me included) that might be happy to help you out.

Just a thought…:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes