Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Question about short scale travel banjo

Are short scale travel banjo’s generally tuned to open G ?

The one I have is tuned to open C

1 Like

Thanks Ben

@Archie, I’m picking up a “travel” banjo from Dave Dillard in a couple weeks. It’s a 10” pot open back shortened by two frets. So it will be normally tuned to A as I understand. I got my granddaughter a small gold tone from Ben that’s considerably smaller which is tuned to C.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff, I was just curious about the tuning being that the neck would be shorter.

1 Like

I have a Gold Tone Plucky for sale on Banjo Hangout if anyone wants one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve seen tunings all over. C seems to be the most common. Russ Carson’s custom made 81 Gold Star is a full octave over standard G.

Once we get moved in to our new house and I get my wood shop set up, I hope to begin building little banjos like the one Russ has. It is such a cool instrument.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind just buying a small ornamental banjo just to hang on the wall up at our cabin.

2 Likes

Neil, @Luke_L has one for sale look above Marks post

3 Likes

Got a price / picture or link @Luke_L. ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here you go Neil

https://www.banjohangout.org/classified/89168

3 Likes

Yep- that’s it! I’d be glad to give someone here a deal.

2 Likes

Yours looks really super nice! I was envisioning a real beat-up old banjo, non-functioning relic with holes in it as a “wall hanger” in our cabin. I think you can get good coin for yours.