Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Pulled this trigger this week

Pulled the trigger this week, will be delivered in about an hour. Haven’t played it nor even seen it, but will be able to return it for a full refund in a few days if I want to. Hopefully a keeper!

'94 OME Silver Magician. I don’t think I’ve ever played an OME before, but my research seems to indicate that it’s a solid brand and good model (although I’ve seen very few if any other Silver Magicians online). Fingers crossed!

16 Likes

Wow an OME they are a keeper for sure1 .

4 Likes

Yep she’s a bute! I did the same thing about a month ago, A new gold tone RB 250 plus MASTERTONE with bells and whistles to boot! I just started playing but love quality in the tools I use. I’m so glad I purchased it and from BBCGS, It sound so good, it just makes me want to play it all the time! ENJOY!!!

6 Likes

Thanks, @Archie! I’ll post a video on a bit, if I work up the courage. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Sounds awesome, @jon1! Thanks, and have a blast!

6 Likes

It just arrived, I’ll be offline for a while! :slight_smile: I’m a sucker for nice inlays…

16 Likes

It’s my understanding you can’t go wrong with an OME. That inlay work is gorgeous!

Looking forward to some video so we can see her strut her stuff.

6 Likes

WOW! That’s Beautifully done. Like I said I’m a sucker for something of quality! Very nice indeed!:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Happy for you @Michael!

It is a joy that I share with all forum members when they get something new! :banjo: :facepunch:

3 Likes

Ooh! Congrats! Any update and or video?

2 Likes

@Michael,

We await your review… now that you have had ample time for a test drive! :thinking:

2 Likes

OH YES! Please share asap!

3 Likes

Thanks, Fellers. Working on it!

5 Likes

Looks nice! How’s she sound?

2 Likes

Congrats! Without video, it’s like it didn’t happen…

3 Likes

Fair enough, but she’s in getting set up currently (bought online at my favorite local store but their repair/setup/tech folks couldn’t work on it for a long time) so it’ll be a little while yet. Thanks.

2 Likes

Very nice. A new instrument is like having a new friend in the house!!

4 Likes

Amen @TMac :pray::wink:

1 Like

OK, this is kinda cheating, but here goes: my new banjo got set up finally just a day or so before I had to ship it to Camp. Here’s a brief clip of Katy playing it during a break at camp (you’d rather hear her playing it than me, take my word for it :-))

https://youtu.be/cKqlfGetJSI

8 Likes

Katy’s going to some real nice places with your 5-string!

(I must admit, when the video started I thought several banjo players had just fallen down the stairs, but the audio soon straightened out!)

When you pulled the trigger, it must have been satisfying to know you were right on target!

4 Likes