Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Precious Memories - Updated

Somebody asked me to use this track for a film project this morning. I gotta retract that track from collaboration.
Thanks!

Billy

5 Likes

So we’re kinda back where we started.
So,…

1. Gimme a key
  2. Gimme a tempo
  3. Gimme some backup

and we’re off to the races.
Thanks!
Billy

I was thinking Key of C at about 85 BPM. But I’m open to whatever. I can do rhythm guitar open chords for a starter.

1 Like

That previous track was 92 bpm and mighta been on the slow side… But that’s how I roll. Let’s stay in touch on this and get some concensus. @Simone?

92 works fine for me Billy. I’m just a squirrel, trying to get a nut. (I don’t know what that means).

I have an idea. Can you play a stanza or so to a metronome and then send it to me? And to @Simone. Would that work?
Thanks!

Sure,.I’ll do it at 92 BPM. Should have it to you tomorrow. Do you want it in mp3?

Jack

Perfect!
Thanks!

1 Like

But do feel free to change up the tempo until it feels right for you.
Thanks!

• B
1 Like

Happy to [attempt to :grin:] work with whatever yall @BillyD , @Treblemaker come up with :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Just PM’d you and Simone. Need one more day.

Jack

1 Like

@Treblemaker
If you’re still working on it, I’m wondering if you could do an entire arrangement, as if it were just you and some vocals. I’ll multitrack some lead and backup voices and then we’ll step back and see what we’ve got. There are ample lyrics to both include and leave out, so I can make something fit whatever it is you decide to go with. It’s such a wonderful song in so many different styles and arrangements, that I’m sure something good will come of it.
Thanks!
Billy

1 Like

Hey Billy,

Yes, I definitely can. But it’s going to take a few days. I’m going to use Ableton for the sake of learning it better, but I’ll make sure the finished product will be in mp3 format.

I’ll keep you and Simone posted on what’s going on. I may be leaning a bit more country with bluegreass, but hopefully we can get a flavor of both. :thinking:

Talk to you guys later.

Jack

2 Likes

Correction…I actually meant, I may be leaning a bit more country than bluegrass.

2 Likes

You want pedal steel just say the word bro.

2 Likes

Bro

1 Like