Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Pre Camp Jammin? April 2022

As I’m sitting at the counter with my coffee, book-0-tabs and a notebook I’m scribing out the chord sequence (in the Nashville Numbering System) for the upcoming camp song list. I’m taking a break and trying to find the post I thought I saw where someone suggested he/she’d be at this/that hotel the day before camp starts and wanted to know if anyone wanted to get together and jam (aka practice). Now I cannot find the post! Anyway, I’ll be at the Quality Inn and Suites (yeah, I know, not always top quality) at 1000 Herschel Drive in Mt. Juliet. Check-in time is 3PM and I plan to arrive then unless they’ll let me check in early) and after some unloading I’ll be ready to do some playing if anyone is interested. I’m sure we can find some space outside to play. If someone has already set up some jam opportunities elsewhere please let me know. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hope you find some practice partners and have a great time!

I am at
Hampton Inn & Suites Mt. Juliet
5001 Crossings Cir
Mount Juliet, TN 37122
615-553-5900

I will arrive Saturday Afternoon 23 April

2 Likes

Aren’t you one of the instructors at the camp? That will raise my anxiety level ahead of time! Just kidding. Would love to do some jammin’ before camp. I’ll try to keep this thread alive and when we get closer we can set up a place to meet up and play for a bit. Thanks for chimin’ in!

Mr G. It appears our hotels are 250 meters apart!

hah!!! Most excellent!!!

I’m going as a student… I can’t wait to meet and play!

Same here! If we make enough racket at the hotel gazebo maybe other campers will join us!

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be great!

Just read your bio… thank you for your service! I was US Navy 1975-1991… I am assuming you are coming to Nashville for camp? Where are you staying?

1 Like

Are you going to Cabin Camp? I’ll be at the Quality Inn and Suites at 1000 Hershel Drive. I anticipate being checked in by 3 and ready to do some picking (have I mentioned I’m a middle to advanced beginner?) by 3:30. I’ve sent a note to the hotel to see if they have a gazebo or something we can sit around and play at. Come on over…we’ll figure it out!

Yep! I think we have some notes back and forth above. Thank you for YOUR service! I was in the USAF for 24 years, 9 enlisted, 15 officer.

I’ll be at the Nashville camp 24-26 April. I am staying at the Quality Inn and Suites on 1000 Hershel Drive. I sent a note to the property asking if they have a gazebo or picnic area. I’ll be coming from Knoxville (I don’t live there but I have friends playing at a venue Saturday night and I want to see them….I’m also going to visit a shop in Townsend and buy a dulcimer…so I’ll be getting to the hotel after a few hours travel. If they let me I’ll check in early. If they won’t I figure by 3:30 we can be hanging out looking musical and getting ready to play. What instrument(s) are you brining? My primary is my mandolin but I can play about 6 chords on m guitar and may bring it as well. The dulcimer is something new so it ain’t getting of the box!

I will have my Mahogany Taylor… and possibly my electric upright bass (hoping to sell it - so will bring it to get some eyes on it at camp). I am looking to arrive around 3-ish from Atlanta.

A friend of mine plays the electric upright bass in a “big band” band up here in Wisconsin. My Dad played an upright bass with his uncles and some friends when we were growing up in CT. I sold it when he died to a bluegrass gospel band in New Jersey. Lately I’ve been trying to find the buyer to see if the bass is still being played….I don’t want it back…I’d just love to hear that it’s still being used. I have the buyer ID from eBay but no contact info. Hope you get to sell your instrument!