Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Prayer request - Jon Lindblom

Taking a cue from others who have posted prayer requests to this community. :heart: We’d appreciate prayer for our dad/bass player, who is currently in the ICU in Savannah after having a blackout and collapsing on our bus yesterday morning. A blood clot was found on the main artery of his brain and successfully removed yesterday afternoon. He still has some numbness in his left side (yesterday the whole left side was numb and he was having difficulty speaking too). Thanks so much for prayers for his total healing!

24 Likes

Oh Libby I am so sorry to hear that news honey. Of course I am praying for y’all.

9 Likes

My goodness, Libby. I know how scary this is. Me and my house are praying for Jon and the rest of the family.

10 Likes

So sorry @Flatpickin_Libby ! Praying!:pray:

7 Likes

Oh no!! I’m so sorry and we’ll be praying for him for sure!

8 Likes

Praying for Jon and his recovery and for the whole Lindblom family. :pray:t4:

8 Likes

Same here. Got you guys in this household. Prayers and blessings :pray:

7 Likes

Hi Libby,
I’m joining our community here in prayers for your dad and for your family.

When my dad (Masters degree in Music from Baylor and also a multi-instrumentalist, including bass) had a stroke in 2010, it left him a hemiplegic.

I drew strength from Scripture as I’m sure you are too.

Though it is hard, remember Romans 8:28, All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

7 Likes

@Flatpickin_Libby I am joining the growing chorus of those praying for Jon and your entire family. I am glad to hear that he is improving so quickly. That seems like a very encouraging sign.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear this, Libby. I will be praying for your dad and your family.

7 Likes

Thank you for all the prayers. The results of the MRI from last night showed he had 2 strokes yesterday before the clot was removed. He has another CT scan this afternoon at 3pm. He can feel his left side more than he could yesterday, and this morning he walked on his own. He’s still in the ICU. We’ve been on a camping trip at a state park only 12 mins from the hospital, so that’s where we’re all staying.

13 Likes

Libby, your family and Dad are in my prayers. Jesus is the Great physician who has the power to heal us.

6 Likes

Praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

6 Likes

Just reading this now. Thoughts and prayers for all of you. :pray::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Prayers from Atl.
Mr g

6 Likes
  • Dad is out of the ICU and in a step-down hospital room.
  • The CT scan results yesterday were clear (checking for residual bleeding from the angiogram).
  • He has an echocardiogram later this afternoon (is being looked at by cardiologists who want to check on his heart to try to find a possible explanation for the strokes/clots).
  • His left side feeling and movements are steadily improving. So many answered prayers so far already!
15 Likes

So glad to hear news of continuing improvement! You’re all in our prayers!

5 Likes

So happy to hear this Libby. Prayer works!!

5 Likes

That is wonderful news. I’m sure you know how easily it could be much, much worse. Praise God.

7 Likes

Yay!!! Go God! I am not a Doctor, but I do have experience with family members and strokes, and this all sounds FANTASTIC! It sounds like everything was right for a great recovery (closeness to hospital, quick reaction by the med staff, early effectiveness of clot busters). Thank You Lord and praying for complete healing, comfort and peace.
I thought of you all this morning as I went to church. I suspect this was one of the most unusual and difficult Sundays you have had. I am so glad you have gotten such great news.

8 Likes