Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Prayer request for Beaumont TX

Beaumont is currently flooding, again. Please pray for the rains to stop and the water to drain quickly. One family we know just evacuated their home which they just got back into a couple months ago from Harvey. Kanon (my older brother) is currently stuck at some friends’ house cuz he can’t get home due to flooding

5 Likes

Praying. I’ve heard of a few families that just got settled that were nervous. This was the first I had heard of it happening.

3 Likes

May God call the waters to recede and restore the lives of those affected by this flood.

IN JESUS’ NAME, WE PRAY… Amen

4 Likes

It’s rough down here in SE Texas right now. I almost didn’t make it home today. Out of a dozen different routes to take, I FINALLY found one that wasn’t totally under water. Houston roadways are littered with flooded cars.

There are places flooding today that didn’t flood during Harvey 2 years ago.

4 Likes

I had no idea it was so bad.

3 Likes

Me neither…

2 Likes

There is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - I Timothy 2:5.

I pray that the people of faith from Gunnar’s family and friends understand that they have a faithful mediator in Jesus today, and that there is absolute safety in him, and that they increase in faith through all this tough times. And I also pray that true gospel reaches out to the people not of faith to find safety and comfort.

Matthew 8:25-27
25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Maybe Donald will listen now to the voices of the children of the world warning about climate change. He definitely wont listen to the experts.

I pray that more churches, schools and collages go out and gather tree and plant seeds this fall and create more woodlands. I pray that governments take urgent action to stop the destruction of the rain forests around the world. To ban the production of plastics that pollute our lakes, rivers, seas and oceans. Cut back on the burning of fossil fuels. I have seen so much destruction of the planet in my short lifetime and I fear for the future of my grandchildren and great grandchildren if we go on destroying God’s amazing creation.

Your church community could play an important role in bringing about change. Please discuss this matter with your Pastor and Church Elders.

3 Likes

Archie, why should churches be pulled into this business? :wink: But unfortunately they are! This is an indicator that church has lost focus and is no longer in Christ.

But why so? After all it is only good works?? No it is NOT!! I’ll show how.

Whatever I share is going to be a revelation to the churches of today!

In the biblical context, good works is not contrasted with bad works; good works is contrasted with dead works.

For example, Matthew 6:1, Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

One might tend to think you help others and that is what matters. No, that is not how it works in the kingdom of God! What appears a good work before men may just be a dead work based on motive.

So, good work is a work that reaches heaven, that which can be credited to an account in heaven! Dead work is a work that does not reach heaven!

Also, good work is a work that remains! Investing on it would be a wise thing to do. Earth does not remain per Hebrews 12.

Hebrews 12:25-27
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

A good works of the nature I described is what is ordained by God that Christians should walk in them (or do them or dwell in them or similar). Refer to Ephesians 2:10. You cannot make up something as good works by yourself!!

Jesus clarifies priorities in Matthew 6:25, Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
He also tells in the same chapter to lay up treasures in heaven!

One of the principles or the very first principle of the doctrine of Christ is repentance from dead works! (Hebrews 6:1) Today church has no clue whatsoever on this foundation principle!! And obviously church will err when they have not known his this way! Hence it is not a good sign when their eyes are set to enter into the rest.

I think the reason for this state of affairs is, hardly there is God appointed preachers/teachers. Church’s business is to serve the Lord with the spirit (and not service carnally) as Paul says he does in Romans 1:9.

Acts 17:30 aptly describes the bottom line here.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; (:wink: )but now commandeth all men every where to repent! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right! This is all one man’s fault. Go turn off your AC and quit griping about one of the most regulated countries in the world.

3 Likes

I would ask why not. The church is not just about religion it’s also about community. The church has a powerful voice. It is intertwined with government, business and education. I firmly believe that the church has an important role to play in all that’s going on. You may feel I am wrong and that’s your right to think that way.

3 Likes

Really I never said that. It is well known that the US President has issues with the causes of climate change. But since this issue effects us all why should we close our mind to it. Just for the record I don’t have AC

1 Like

Archie, I have explained in detail with bible references on why. Btw I formatted it better for easy reading. And I would be interested to see if there is any pastors or elders in churches today who would dispute my sharing with bible references. You know what, they will not disagree!! (They may not accept, that is a different thing.)

3 Likes

True but would they be willing to organise a Sunday School picnic, to gather nuts and seeds, to germinate those seeds and plant the seedlings in a new location.

I am not one for quoting the Scriptures. It’s not the done thing in my country. None-the-less I believe I am a good Christian and I see with my own eyes how mankind is destroying the planet.

2 Likes

I’m glad you agree! I’m not judging people in the personal sense I’m only laying the biblical expectations for each one to judge for themselves. Scripture is understood differently than it should be. I won’t be able to explain all that in a forum like this. There is so so much to share. Maybe I should create a website, I don’t know.

But I understand the problem planet earth is facing today. Greed is the cause. But many times, the solution to address these problems is also borne out of greed! Problem gets much worse than when it is not addressed. So the only true solution is to apply the rules of kingdom of God. Unless people take citizenship to this kingdom, you cannot do anything about it. Before that, God needs people who have understood the rules and tasted this kingdom benefits to be able to share it with others to get citizenship to the kingdom of God. One of the rules of this kingdom is, godliness with contentment is great gain. You need people show to the people with the operation of the power of God that being so is indeed a gain, and a great gain, than a loss!

4 Likes

Actually, I’m not interested in the politics of this. I play my role as a steward of this earth.

I was responding more to the self righteous blathering and subtle digs at the church.

2 Likes

Hey Jack, your reading more into this than is intended. Firstly I am not self righteous, and secondly I am not having a subtle dig at the church. That’s all in your head not mine. As far as I am concerned our conversation is over.

1 Like

I wasn’t conversing. I was commenting. Mellow out, and go play with your bagpipes.

1 Like

OK guys. Can we take a little breather? Pick up our banjos and come back with the smiles they put on our faces.

I was afraid this subject would get heated. Nothing polarizes folks like global cooling, I mean global warming, I mean climate change. :laughing:

There are folks way smarter than any of us on both sides of the issue. We’re not going to solve anything here. :grin:

8 Likes