Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Praise to share

Hey All,

Many of you may not remember me as I have not been on in a long time. Short story, issues with my right picking hand had me taking a long break.

I wanted to share a praise though, I picked up the banjo about three times over the last couple weeks. Playing ok. Choppy in spots but the pain and seizing up I was having in my right hand is not as bad as it was before. Still a little sore but not terrible.

I don’t think I’ll be a big time banjo player but its the small things. I could play cripple creek with some level of ease. I’ll take it!

11 Likes

Welcome back Jason, I hope the hand heals soon. I had a fall and broke a small bone close to my thumb. I was in cast for six months and it was during that time I decided to take up the banjo. As the cast came off the banjo became part of my rehab, in my case it was the fretting hand. That was just over 10 years ago and I am still going strong. No chance of me appearing at the Grand Old Opry any time soon but I get so much joy picking my banjo that I don’t feel I am missing out.

1 Like

Keep it up, I fell and broke my right wrist about 18months ago and continue to have issues but praise God I am playing my mandolin again even though I have trouble with other activities and cannot play my guitar at all,

1 Like

Awesome to hear! Glad you’re on the mend.

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle, and hope for continued improvement!

God is good! Glad you’re on the mend and are able to get back to pickin’ and grinnin’! Try not to overdo it each day. .at not seem like much, but 15 minutes may go better than longer time @ it. You don’t want an injury while healing. Congrats!

Welcome back and great news. Keep us posted. Take it slow and I hope you’re able to get joy out of playing again.

I had wondered about you from time to time. Glad to hear the great news!

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone. I guess playing some songs slow is better than nothing. Some songs sound ok that way.

2 Likes

I think about you all the time, especially when your boys are puttin’ the hurt on my Ags. Glad to hear about this improvement!

I remember you sharingtime! We’re saved by hope. Romans 8:24. The just shall live by faith. Hebrews 10:38.