Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Picking with 1/2 of Spillwater drive at Camp

It was an honor to get to pick with Jake, Adam, Justin, and Penny.

18 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Mark_Rocka great to get an insight to the Cabin Camp experience for those of us that can’t make the pilgrimage.

6 Likes

Sounds great Mark!

4 Likes

Nice singing!

4 Likes

You’re like a regular part of the line up. Great job!

4 Likes

Mark proved he could sing too! :wink:

5 Likes

Great job, Mark…looks like you were having a great time!

4 Likes

Y’all did a great job!

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! The funny part of this is that it was literally a last minute decision. I wasn’t even supposed to play that morning.

I had asked Jake and Adam if I could play a Spillwater Drive song with them at some point during camp. All week had gone by and the timing was just never right. That morning, the guys had worked up a song to do and had finished rehearsing it before the campers rolled in. When they were done, I said “Hey, is now a good time to play a song with you?” They said “Sure” and we played this song.

We got done and Justin said “Hey! Why don’t we play this song?”

The butterflies were instant and relentless. I don’t get nervous on stage while just standing in the back plunking a bass. It’s a very different story when I’m put front and center. It was definitely the highlight of camp for me, though. I so appreciate these folks making me feel like part of the team.

8 Likes

Well done @Mark_Rocka , hat_wave I find singing with a band comes natural, playing banjo with the band is still a little nerve racking doing both together impossible. I’d love to know how Katy Lou does it so well.

4 Likes

Great job @Mark_Rocka! Sounds like a fun, hard-driving jam!

3 Likes

It really is, and when we rehearsed it a few minutes before the video, we played it faster. @AdamAsh was taking it easy on me for the real show. :laughing:

3 Likes