Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Pickers in Central KY

Hey that’s neat that you have that family heirloom, (but I’m an antique bug) I love my twanger, and with a set of Banjo Ben’s light signature strings it has such a bright tone, and the playability is off the charts.
Being in Kentucky do you have other pickers to jam with?

3 Likes

Honestly no. I don’t know any other pickers in my area. I’m sure there are some (I’m in rural KY so there’s got to be some somewhere!) but I personally haven’t been able to find anyone yet. My dad plays the guitar so we play together almost every night. We are farmers though so we haven’t been picking as much during the summer. But if anyone knows of any pickers in central KY let me know! I would love the chance to meet some other bluegrass lovers!

4 Likes

Hey @Anna just look out your kitchen window - Kentucky is The Birthplace of Bluegrass Music

3 Likes

Too bad, it’s the same in my area, it’s hard to find other bluegrass players. And we farm too so travel is a little tricky.
What do you guys farm?

2 Likes

Try living in Scotland you play the banjo outside and bagpipes drown you out. Seriously @Anna & @Hillbilly_picker Jesse is there not a local town nearby where you could post an ad? Start your own Jam Session. A drop of Moonshine would help draw a crowd for sure.

3 Likes

Check out these resources. If they are not close to you maybe you could ask them to help you find a jam near you.

http://www.nkbma.com/jams---event-calendars.html

2 Likes

@Hillbilly_picker @Anna Y’all want me to split these posts and start a new thread for pickers in Central KY?

3 Likes

Sure, since we are on the funnies forum, thanks @Michael_Mark
FYI I don’t live I kentucky, I live in Idaho.

2 Likes

Thank you! One of these jams is actually only a half hour away from me.

1 Like

We raise grass fed beef. We have around 120 head of black angus cattle. We also have horses but that’s definitely more of a recreational thing than a farming thing haha. What about you guys?

1 Like

I’m originally from the Great Basin in South East Oregon, more cows than people there; black Angus as well.
We had a small farm there but not much liked growing in the alkaline soil. But we raised a couple beef a year until a flood took out our hay fields.
We live in north Idaho now and are building another farm, I can do a little row cropping and we are putting up hay again, we are going to get back into cows and I’m starting to work with horses and buckaroo. I also have a small blacksmith shop.