Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Photography Fanatic!

Thought I’d add to the hobby category by puttin’ out my favorite thing to do with my sisters. Anybody else like takin’ pictures? I’ve got my own camera and am saving up for a much better model.

Any tips from other amateur or professional photographers? Just thought I’d see what responses I get.

4 Likes

Photography is something I have always had a mind to take up but never really got into. Perhaps you might care to share some of your photographs here.

My dad was a photographer my whole life. I remember he and I developing film and printing prints in the dark room when I was a kid.

Don’t need film today, but SLR is still where it’s at even with digitalis, from what I understand. The tech moves so fast I can’t keep up with it.

Alright, nothing extraordinary with the photo, nor with the camera, nor anything special with the take. Anyway, my entry submission… old picture… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I do some video work on the side… just remember for photos/videos, the Rule of 3rds is always a good starting place when composing a shot.

1 Like

Yes, I try to follow that rule all the time but sometimes I feel a picture looks better without it. Can’t post pictures yet, but soon will be able to. What is y’alls favorite type of picture to take? I prefer flowers or fields, but am starting to gravitate toward portraits.

Out amid Iowa cornfields, the best time to take pictures is in the spring/summer (or late fall if your lucky) at about 6:30-7:00 pm just before sunset. Sometimes winter pictures work, but I always say, the most depressing thing in the world is dead, brown Iowa cornfields stretching as far as the eye can see!:joy: Oh well, here I was planted so here I will grow.

3 Likes

Know what you mean. We live near Waterloo Iowa. We do picking for Sunday am worship also, but we prefer doing special music as we can do more solo type stuff. Keep us in mind if you’d like to do some picking some time.

I’m Eastern Iowa area in the Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and Des Moines area. I’ll keep y’all in mind. What church do you go to?

1 Like

Thank you all for the likes!! Googled what is rule of 3rd and realize mine would probably fall into some rule of 2/3rds :wink: I guess then I can chop it to make it a rule of 3rd… That said I tend to use rule of 3rd without knowing what it is in most cases. Here is a special picture though from some years ago, I guess you will guess why special!! 100_0179

3 Likes

True, @The_Mole but if you had placed the sticker on the tailgate to the left of the number plate you would have elevated it’s status to a classic car.:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Guys, you can’t write off stuff just like that as you never know! All that the car would require is a touch, a touch of the master’s hand! (Can’t find George Hamilton version)

3 Likes

Cedar Rapids is just south of us. Our Church is just north of Independence, Iowa. Oelwein Evangelical Free Church. I primarily play the 5-string but sometimes guitar. My daughter Meli plays fiddle. Wife Linda plays bass and son plays either guitar or mandolin. We’d be open to play in your church also if opportunity arises. Meli is also a homeschooled highschooler and just loves it. Happy Picking!

1 Like

Good to know I’ll keep y’all in mind!

Pretty nice picture! here’s one I took in Israel.

8 Likes

Thanks Johnny, and nice early morning sun rise!

2 Likes

My submission…

Google Photos

I don’t know if it will show, but there was actually 2 arcs.

Another point, the arc went from one horizon to the other… but my camera could not capture it all.

2 Likes

Yee-haw

A beautiful sentiment.

I’d like to see a good “non-professional” or “personal” pic of that!

1 Like

Here is a pic from last weekend. This one is a little noisier than Ben’s plane. :slight_smile:

5 Likes