Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

PDF for black mt rag guitar

I use a macbook. I’m old and dont want a computer lesson. I just want to print out the tab for black mountain rag, but when I click the link it gives weird stuff but no tab. Is it available or not?

Hi Les

Both TAB files require software to open & print out. If you just want to print out the TAB your best option would be the PDF File. Two options here

First option would be to Download and install Adobe Reader. Open the PDF in Adobe and print the file.
https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

The second option is to use an online PDF Editor see link below

https://pdf-editor-online.com/?keyword=free%20how%20to%20print%20from%20a%20pdf%20on%20mac&campaignid=313127433&adgroupid=1364493987436575&msclkid=3d258bf50b6b1f0cb3e4ee903349f9d0&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Editor_NSW&utm_term=free%20how%20to%20print%20from%20a%20pdf%20on%20mac&utm_content=PDF%20Editor_NSW

Which lesson? In C or the one in A?

Wow, that was easy! Thak you

1 Like

Glad to be of help fixed

I guess I don’t understand. I’m not sure how I did it last time, but how do I find the file? when I click on pdf tab, It gives me link error info …this time on beaumont rag guitar part a. please be specific so maybe I can understand.

Hi @Lesismore Les

How are you accessing the lessons? PC, Mac, iPhone? What web browser are you using? Do you have a PDF Reader installed on your device?

I Just clicked on the Beaumont Rag Guitar PDF and the file downloaded just fine. Have you looked in your Download Folder?

1 Like

@Lesismore,

Please see if this is simple enough.

1.  Download file (from clicking on the file in Ben's site)
2.  Open file (clicking the file from the downloaded directory)
   2.A. If file is corrupt, go to step 1 and try again.
   2.B. If file is good,
      2.B.i. If app is not available, download and install app (i.e. pdf reader) and proceed.
      2.B.ii. If app is available,
         2.B.ii.a. If app is attached to file, file opens!
         2.B.ii.b. If app is not attached to file, follow below instructions for Mac.

Permanently change the app used to open all files of a particular type

1. On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window.
  2. Select a file, then choose File > Get Info.You can also Control-click the file, then choose Get Info.
  3. In the Info window, click the arrow next to “Open with.”
  4. Click the pop-up menu, choose an app, then click Change All.

Note: Don’t click Change All if you only want the specific file you selected to open with that app.

If you can’t open a file with a specific app, the file may be damaged or may not be recognized by that app. Try opening it with a different app.

See link below for additional instructions.

Can you try refreshing the page first?

2 Likes

MACBOOK with M2 processor. It’s the newest and most troublesome processor. Chrome browser. I have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader.

1 Like

JohnM , thanks for that step by step walk-thru. I think it is set now for my future pdfs. I appreciate ya’ll helping a computer dummy. I got a Mac 'cause the kids said they were simpler for someone like me to use. Yes they are, but when something gets weird, I’m lost. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @Lesismore Les I am more of a PC guy although I do have a Macbook. Glad @JohnM was able to step in and help out. That’s what I love about this community. I can step away and have a nap and things get fixed.

1 Like

Les, glad it all helped! :+1: