Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Passing the time... In Quarantine?

No kiddin’!

Clearly, I have not used…

I have only been out of the house 2 times in the past 3 weeks. This week, I had to go for a drug screening for my new job…

Thankfully, there was only me and 2 other patients in the waiting room at the clinic and I made no other stops at all. I was tempted to get gas at $1.74/gallon… but with slightly more than half, I opted out of that too.

I didn’t have a mask but I did use social distancing and wore long sleeves and gloves… The immediately changed/laundered all clothes upon returning. This includes disinfecting the soles of my shoes!

3 Likes

I don’t use masks either. But I remember my brother said sometime ago that he bought this particular one for his daughter who is doing medicine in India. That’s how I knew.

4 Likes

Sadly, the numbers of cases are climbing like crazy in Michigan… In the top 10 for cases confirmed in the USA, I think… :pensive:

Compile that and my age (in my 50s) makes the threat that much more “real”.

I am not an alarmist… just concerned and aware to neither be careless in exposure nor contribute to the further spread.

We need to respect this thing until the illness flat-lines in exposure and people infected!

4 Likes

That’s sad to hear. I thought it was only NY it was in alarming state. I believe God already prepared me for this type of this isolation in advance. My movement was very limited and only local in about a year due to some compelling situations. But I believe in God’s immunity, and nothing will happen to me! Colossians 3:1-3 clarifies what is under the shadow of almighty. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup we’re on lockdown here in NY. Lots of time for banjo!

4 Likes

Yeah, my kids are there in uptown NY and I heard about that from them. True, you guys can dedicate a lot of time usefully towards music.

4 Likes

Just watched the total cases in the US jump to 83,000 + nearly 15,000 new cases so far today.

Passing China which seems to have levelled off for now.

Stay indoors, stay safe folks your all in my thoughts and prayers . :pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes

Definitely NOT comfortable being 1st in this category! :pensive:

Thanks for the well-wishes and you be safe too @Archie

3 Likes

He’s one of the great innovators! Check out some of his songs from the Hot Rize albums. I think they were at their best when Charles Sawtelle was in the band before he passed away… way to early.

5 Likes

Goodness it’s 2am. Here’s what I did to pass the time last night.

So I was checking the flights over London tonight due to the lock down and I stumbled on this light aircraft which appeared to be in some sort of distress buzzing London Heathrow Airport and I ended up tracking it for over two hours As you can see it made several passes over both runways flying low down to about 100 feet each time before gathering height and circling the airfield after making a dozen or so passes it flew south to London Gatwick again it seemed to attempt several landings before heading north to London Stansted where it finally appeared to land safely. Thankfully there was little air traffic in the area.

5 Likes

Wow… Now… Curious…

Thank God they’re safe :pray:

3 Likes

It looks like an instrument training flight. Looks like they did a good job :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @Mike_R I’d be amazed that they would allow that over the UK 's top two airports.

4 Likes

[quote=“Archie, post:50, topic:10885”]
it made several passes over both runways flying low down to about 100 feet each time before gathering height

A closer look at your map shows the flight paths to be in part, so-called “Procedure-Turns”. This is part of an Instrument Approach and an IFR maneuver to reverse course. I think I’ve done hundreds of those approaches just to stay IFR current over the years, so the flight-paths are immediately recognizable and make sense.

6 Likes

Thanks Neil.

From a layman’s POV it seemed mighty strange especially over those two key airports when our country is in lock down.

Our PM has just announced he has tested positive with the virus

The USA took the wise decision to ban all unessential flights from Europe over a week ago in order to curtail the virus and as a result the UK and the rest of Europe is pretty much on strict lock down. UK domestic flights and flights across Europe have been drastically reduced. But looking at the live air traffic over the USA right now domestic fights in the USA appear unchanged. Given that the US now has over 86,000 confirmed cases of the virus. It concerns me to think that there is potentially one individual carrying the virus on each of these flights.

I don’t wish to appear alarmist but Is there anyone in government that you guys can alert to this explosive situation. ???

Check out the link below it will shock you

3 Likes

Yep, it’s pretty cool. As a pilot in a little airplane in the States you can shoot approaches into major airports as long as they are not “full.” It is pretty neat to see all the runway lights on and around a 3 mile long runway when I am flying something that can land in 500 feet. At the biggest airports, I don’t land, because typically some have landing or ramp fees, but it is free to shoot the approach. Before 9/11, you could shoot approaches just about anywhere including (with their permission) military bases. Now some of the very biggest and/or most sensitive areas are pretty well locked down. I don’t mind that lockdown, but I do regret the restriction of airspace over parks. One of the things on my bucket list from the time I got my license was to fly the grand canyon, and that is no longer allowed unless you are a commercial operator on a specific list. Grrrrrrr

5 Likes

Mike, Thanks for the explanation, It’s good that pilots get the opportunity to get in that kind of practice.

3 Likes

Man, you guys know your stuff!

Makes total sense! Thanks for shedding insight, @Deere_Crossing!

3 Likes

How cool is that… the idea of the approaches must be a sight to behold… especially near Military Bases.

Sounds like you have made approaches to various bases @Mike_R (with permission, of course :wink:). Which ones?

I was stationed at a huge base… The home of 8th Air Force… Barksdale AFB in NorthWest Louisiana.

3 Likes

How (where) can I watch it, please @Michael?

3 Likes