Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

One of the MANY good things that I learned at Camp!

We did some really good work on charting with Nashville numbering system at Camp. That was timely. I picked up a fill-in bass gig and we practiced on Sunday. There were about 10 songs that I didn’t know. I went to Youtube and even though the songs were not necessarily in the same key, I was able to chart them (I think). I will record a guitar track that I can play along with and should be good-to-go.

5 Likes

Thanks buddy! I’ll text you about a time to get together soon.

At Camp on Saturday afternoon, Penny Lea gave an impromptu Western Swing guitar lesson. I regret that I did not record a video. Did anyone record that and willing to share? Thanks.

I think Ben was a little surprised at how much everyone loved the NNS lessons. People were using it right away, which is really cool!

2 Likes

I caught some of Penny’s Western swing and later asked Katy about the lesson Jingle Bells. I just happened to have the tabs with me. In 10 minutes she had me on my way with a basic version. Four new chord positions to practice. The NNS lessons have opened a new aspect in thinking about… everything.

1 Like

Hi Mark

what are the NNS lessons… please share…

NNS = Nashville Number System. It’s all over the web. I think it was the way Ben taught it at camp that made it so learnable.

ah… ok pal understand

Thanks

@Mark_Rocka Was this lesson recorded ? Be interesting to see how he got his lesson across. I have kinda struggled with this for years. I can learn a tune in one key but I can’t easily transpose it to another.

I didn’t see any cameras rolling as Ben was doing the presentation. Lots of pencils scribbling, though.

I may be wrong, but the NNS wound up being such a big part of the camp experience Ben may want to keep it for campers only. If not, I bet he’ll do a lesson on it soon. It was really good stuff!

1 Like

I think someone audio recorded it, will have to remember who.

1 Like

See this is why I have to remind you. When it’s Gone it’s Gone. No breakfast for you! BB

WELCOME to the BEST Forum with the nicest bunch of folks! Visit often and contribute.

1 Like