Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

One of my favorite camp memories

I have so many incredible memories of Ben’s camp it’s tough to pick just one, but if I had to, it might just be this one.

20 Likes

Great job Mark. You hung right in there! Is that one they showed you at Camp? You have some nice sounding licks in there that really spiced it up. Thanks for posting! -Neil

1 Like

HA! No, I’m not nearly talented enough to pull off a song like that in 3 days. :slight_smile:

This song has a lot of meaning to me, personally. First, it’s the very first song I ever heard the Purple Hulls sing. It’s also the first time I ever saw Ben, and it ultimately lead to me joining this site.

I had kinda hoped that Ben would have a lesson on here for it, but there’s the whole copyright issue, so I guess that’s why he doesn’t. Anyway, I spent a solid month (or more) teaching the song to myself by watching their video over and over again. My office is right off the living room, so my wife and daughter got to hear this song the whole time.

When Penny and Katy came to town for a gig, we went to see them. They got called out for an encore and couldn’t think of a song to do, so I yelled out “DANCIN ON MY GRAVE!” They agreed and kicked it off with the signature “DING DING DIDDLYDING DING” and my wife and daughter both shouted out “NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Then we all laughed through the whole song. :smile:

So, this was really special to get to play it with them. It’s already a cherished memory.

6 Likes

Dude!

1 Like

I’m sure that was a great experience. I would have loved to have been there.

1 Like

Great job Mark! Whoever filmed that must have been really cool. *wink! Haha.

2 Likes

I see you’ve been practicing! Great job, looked like y’all had a great time!

1 Like

Great story. Thanks for sharing that!

1 Like

Sounded great Mark!

1 Like

Wow, great job and what a cool memory to have!

1 Like

Mark: No end of your talent!!

1 Like

Thanks guys!!!

I can smell your jacket from here.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Dude when I got home and opened my suitcase… WHEW! :joy::joy::joy:

Wow, that is soooooooooo cool!!! Great job!!

1 Like