Most contests are out of reach for beginners, but not this one! Closely follow the instructions below to be entered! WATCH THE VIDEO!
Old Joe Clark Mandolin Contest!
Contest Lesson: Old Joe Clark Advanced Mandolin (optional, see rules below)
Contest Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 6 June, at 11:59PM Central
- Must submit video link on THIS THREAD below by Wednesday, 6 June, at 11:59PM Central.
- Submit ANY mandolin version of “Old Joe Clark” at ANY speed to receive one entry.
- Receive ADDITIONAL entry if you also submit my advanced solo at any speed. You can see that lesson here.
- A maximum of two entries per contestant: one for your own version and an additional possible for playing my advanced solo.
- You may use my basic mandolin lesson solo as your first version. You can see it here.
- Intro and ending is not required.
- Rhythm track is not required.
- US residents only (for prize purposes, unless you agree to pay shipping). See FAQ section below.
- Video submissions must allow me to hear and see you play.
- Winner will receive a Bluechip flatpick of their choice from those shown HERE, a set of strings, and a case sticker, a $50 value!
- Winner to be announced both here and on facebook Thursday, 6 June.
- All contest participants give permission for me to possibly share their name, general location, and video submission both here and to social media.
- Do I have to be a Gold Pick member? A: No, but you must submit video link here which requires you to at least create a free Silver Pick account. You can do that HERE.
- Do I have to use a JamTrack MP3 from your site to play along with? A: No, not for this contest.
- Do I have to play the solos perfectly? A: No, your submission can have mistakes. I want you to try!
- How do I submit my video? A: Upload to YouTube or Vimeo and paste the link in the thread below.
- How are the winners chosen? A: I will take all eligible entries and enter them into a randomizer application that will select 3 winners.
- Is shipping included if I win? A: Yes, if you are a resident of the United States. You may enter from abroad, but you are then responsible for shipping costs if you win.
If you have questions, please submit them below. I’ll answer them in an edit of this post and delete your post so that entries only will be shown below.