Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Oh Come Emmanuel with Simone

I guess it’s time for Christmas things now…
We started talking about this collab earlier this year at camp I think. We were going to do it in person at the October camp, but I wasn’t there, so we did it through the internet. I hope y’all enjoy it!
@Simone

23 Likes

Very Nice!!! thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Sounds prettybravo

6 Likes

Fantastic sounding video @Dragonslayer and @Simone. I was ready to hit the :heartbeat: button after the first few seconds. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Thanks y’all!

5 Likes

Beautiful job, guys!

5 Likes

Thanks for all the :purple_heart: everyone!!
It was fun!

6 Likes

Nice job to both of you!

7 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Fantastic job! :clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

Looks appropriate for covid Christmas! :wink: But you guys keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:rofl: Well, if I pulled the tail of the hat over a bit, it could be used to make a handy dandy striped mask… Actually the primary reason for the hat was to help me achieve a better quality of tone…:thinking::grin:!
All kidding aside, Thank you!

5 Likes

Fun! Great song
For a split second at the start I thought you were going to play “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica :rofl:

4 Likes

@frankb_be
Good ear, they’re both Em, somewhat similar intro. Don’t laugh too hard, but I’ve actually dabbled in “fade to black” with Guitar-son… :grimacing::rofl:

3 Likes

I love that song, I am actually proud - best mum ever @Simone

2 Likes

Thanks y’all!
Lol, it does sound like that intro :joy:

2 Likes

I’m going to need a quick how-to on that. Did you use the acapella app?

Stephen

3 Likes

@cassell90
As far as I’m aware didnt use acapella app. Cant speak for what Gunnar did on his end, ultimately he assembled the final video. (For which I’m thankful!)
On my end: I rec’d a video from him thru Drive.
Unfortunately after the transfer was rec’d, the guitar audio was super low. So my son extracted the audio out of the video for me with Audacity, then transferred the mp3 file over to an old phone. Then played it back from that phone on a big bluetooth speaker sitting next to me. I picked my part w his audio playing (now it was loud enuff to pick with) and vid recorded it with my current phone. Then I sent my video back via Drive and Gunner put them together. He will have to explain the rest. But next time we do that I think all I need is the audio. I’m a total rookie at this stuff :grimacing:!

4 Likes

Well, it’s not super quick… but it was quicker than how I usually do these collabs.

I filmed my part with Ben’s audio track in my ears, and I sent that to Simone. She then filmed her part with my audio on a speaker, and sent that to me. I then put both videos into VSDC video editor, synced them up, and then muted the audio from my video, so all you’re hearing is the audio from her video, in which my audio is audible. Then I added the text and uploaded it.

Now if that ain’t confusing I don’t know what is lol

3 Likes