Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

October 2020 Cabin Camp?

We’ll keep the same song list for this one, yep.

3 Likes

And that list can be found here.

2 Likes

Well, I guess that seals the deal. Now I HAVE to go. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Re the October camp… in the July camp I was in the banjo group. If I come to the October camp, will the banjo instruction be the same material as the July camp? Not saying that a repeat wouldn’t be beneficial, but if it’s the same would it be more beneficial for me to be in the guitar group? Thanks!

3 Likes

There will be lots of repeating, yes. I think you’d love to do the guitar spot.

3 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyed the July 4 camp. Would love to come to another and will when possible.
First week of October is the World Champions skeet which I have planned on going to this year. I would not be able to make the first week of October.
Would also like to know when and where the video of the July 4 bands might become available.
Would love to get a copy of it. Rady

4 Likes

Rady! You made it to the forum! Woohoo!

Ben is working on editing the videos and will be releasing them in a few weeks. There’s a LOT of editing to do. Several hours of video for multiple days from both camps takes a LONG time to comb through.

You know Ben. Everything needs to look Hollywood mastered before it’s ready for the public. :laughing:

5 Likes

Well yeah, duh :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The camp is open for registration to a select group of folks (you!)! It will go live to public on August 3 and when it sells out, it’s gone

4 Likes

I am registered and hotel is booked! Woo-hoo!

5 Likes

Hey Ben,
I am a rookie Mandolin player, been on your site since March, I’d like to see about coming to a camp, can you give me a little more info on the cost and daily schedule? Also, if I’m attending the camp during the day, are there things around that my wife could do with our girls, sightseeing, etc., sorry for the long post just trying to cover all my bases! If I can make the one in October that would be great!

3 Likes

Hey Jeff. Check out the link in Ben’s reply 2 posts above yours. All of the details are there.

There’s a ton of stuff to do in and around Nashville. The problem is, we won’t know if any of it will be open thanks to COVID. Most of the cool stuff was closed during the July camps.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Mark_Rocka! Yep, you can check it out!

Schedule is Thursday: 12-9pm
Friday: 9am-9pm
Saturday: 9am-?

Families are welcome to join us for supper around 6. Most of the touristy stuff may be shut down, but there is a lot to see around middle Tennessee, especially nature-related. There are caves and mansion tours and President’s home tours, etc.

3 Likes

I’m registered, yee haaaaw. Personally I give myself a 50/50 chance of actually attending based on my past success rate. I look forward to the possibility of the chance to meet some of my fellow… oh you know… BanjoBen student fan people guys…

Well now that brings up a thing. Jimmy Buffet fans are Parrotheads, Grateful Dead fans are Deadheads and there are Cheeseheads, Trekers, Grobanites, Kellebrities, Rusties, Dunderheads, The 12th Man, Sherlokians, Whovians, Avatards, Local Rangers, and gobs more. Do we have a name for us? If not, shouldn’t we have one?

7 Likes

That sounds like a potentially dangerous can of worms to me…:grin:

5 Likes

In light of the economic and political atmosphere we’ve been enduring lately, I propose the BenDovers, if only as a temporary nod to the times.

You knew what was coming. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

We’re at about a dozen folks for October camp already–that’s great! I hope to see you there!

7 Likes

Ben Afquackers - Pick more, Quack less! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow. K. :roll_eyes::astonished::grin:

5 Likes

I’m registered! Doing the guitar track this time.

6 Likes