Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

O Holy Night (practicing for next year...!)

Very Nice! :grinning:

1 Like

That is really good, Simone. I’ve been working on it too with the hope of being able to play it by next Christmas. It is a big challenge for me, but is worth all the time and effort. Merry Christmas to all.

1 Like

My “We Wish You a Merry Christmas” went on pause but thanks for asking @Simone . I learned a few simple Christmas Carols on my fiddle. I starting correcting my left wrist “posture” on so my mandolin stuff has been a lot of scales and drills the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Thank you @Severin !!

1 Like

Thank you @Annie_Simms !
Nice to hear someone else currently working on this :+1:t2:! As mentioned, I’ve lots of trouble getting clean arpeggios in this one. The B chord, plus those measures where I do the thumb over thing were a challenge as well. Curious as to what part is most challenging for you…?

That’s awesome! I dont think anything’s simple on the fiddle… :grin:

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re ready to play for this year. Well done.

1 Like

My biggest challenges have been getting all the notes to be clear and not muffled. Also the timing in the measures in the pre chorus 21 to 26 where it has all those 16th notes.

1 Like

You’re well on your way, Simone! Memorizing it is usually the toughest part for me. I bet you’ll have this playing smooth in no time.

And those wolves were sure studying your fret work intently. :laughing:

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Thank you @Tim_C !!

Thanks @Annie_Simms for your reply! The prechorus timing will get there! I was able to get that quicker than clean tones…

Haha :rofl::rofl::rofl: oh my, I didn’t really notice that till your post! Yikes! :rofl::rofl::rofl::grin::upside_down_face::grin:

Seriously though, thank you! While I’ve memorized most of it, theres several places I didnt play it as written, and/or made stuff up/changed it but just happy I’ve got the majority of it down :rofl::grin:!

3 Likes