Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Not so/Really Beginner

I have some clawhammer and guitar background. Is it OK if I skip to the cripple creek lesson or will I be missing something (I can do rolls, hammer ons and pull offs)

2 Likes

Hi @joe2 Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. It’s your Membership and you get to choose which lessons to work on.

Having said that I would encourage you to work through the beginners learning path if your new to 3 finger Scruggs and Melodic Banjo. Ben has assembled this comprehensive set of tutorials to assist students acquire the skills required to become proficient at each skill level.

2 Likes

Welcome to The Forum @joe2 . I hope you check in here often.

If you become a regular, I would encourage you to do what feels best because the lessons will always be here.

That said, I also agree with @Archie and as a gold member of several years, I often go back and read study lessons several times because there’s always something to learn or something that I’ve overlooked. I just provided my input so that you get the most out of what you believe you came here for.

The important thing is that you’re here! I hope you enjoy and find Value out of the best online environment and instruction - not to overlook the value of experience from The Forum members too.

1 Like

@joe2,

I also think it would be great if you were to post a video of some of your clawhammer work.

Well it is always been a “Fringe” topic as most of us play Scruggs style, there seems to be a growing interest…

1 Like

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum. I second what @Archie and @WillCoop said. Cheers, Maggie

1 Like

Id be happy to post. I will figure out how to do it!

1 Like