Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Nice thing about ordering from the store

One of the nice things about ordering from the Banjo Ben General Store is getting to read the packing material. The Barry County Advertiser always keeps me informed of what’s happening in Exeter, MO.

9 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! Love the supermarket ads, the obits are always interesting & some of the crime stories are, well, peculiar.

Speaking of obits, in today’s world the newspaper no longer writes the obit, but the survivors do. This tends to make for some interesting reading. M y brother sent me one that read “Jesus saw that John Jones was tired, so called him home to rest.”
Some have wondered if Jesus knew the guy was just taking a nap!
My wife & I are trying to decide what should be our obit photo. How often have you seen a high school yearbook photo of a guy who died at 87? Is that really the best choice? I have some pretty ugly pictures of her I’m threatening to use!

4 Likes

Right! Here’s one of my favs a local guy wrote himself (Richmond Times Dispatch)
“ During his life he excelled at mediocrity. He loved to hear and tell jokes, especially short ones due to his limited attention span. He had a life long love affair with bacon, butter, cigars and bourbon. You always knew what Fred was thinking much to the dismay of his friend and family. His sons said of Fred, “he was often wrong, but never in doubt”.

5 Likes