Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Newbie here!

Hello,
I’m a seasoned ukulele player.
I’m interested in a mini banjo (sorry, no big banjos).
Can someone help me find the right one?
I’ve not a huge budget.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Hello @ukulelegeek0 Welcome to the forums!! It’s not me, but I am sure someone here can help guide you in the right direction. Enjoy your time here, lots of great people and advice all around!!!

2 Likes

Welcome @ukulelegeek0! Don’t go looking for “uke’s aren’t allowed in bluegrass” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The gold tone plucky is a nice small banjo.

I believe @MissMaggie has one, and could give you some input.
Hope to see you around the forum.

2 Likes

Hi @ukulelegeek0, welcome to the forum. I do indeed have one as @D_HRRFan7303 said. It’s cute and fun to play for something different. It’s tuned and played like open G but it will be in C, cause you know, mini. I don’t play it enough to justify the cost though.

Just realize, it is a 5 string banjo not a 4 string ukulele. Ben has four ukes listed on general store https://store.banjobenclark.com/collections/ukuleles/ukuleles in the $100 - $140 range. I have the cigar box uke, it’s fun too.

They do make banjo ukes though. I don’t think Ben has any but you can find them for less than $100 and upwards of $500 or $600 elsewhere.

I hope that helps :wink:

3 Likes

And don’t forget… If you know of something you want, ask the guys at the store. they can get you pretty much whatever you desire, and will have your best interests in mind, and not steer you wrong.

3 Likes

If you’re looking for a Banjo Ukulele we can get one at the Banjo Ben General Store for you. If you’re looking for a miniature 5-string banjo, the Plucky would be a good option. We’d be glad to help you out. Here’s a link to the website page with our contact information if you’d like to talk to me or Jake about the options:

4 Likes