Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New Years Resolution

As a non-musical resolution for the New Year, I’ve decided to try a few things with which I have had some success in the past.

1. Go to bed earlier at night.

2. Eat a little lower carb.

3. Avoid seconds while eating meals.

As to the first one, my job has me up at about 6:30 each morning so getting to bed earlier than 11pm has already been a regular occurrence. However, putting myself in bed by no later than 10pm has been difficult, but I’m going to give it a college try.

I am already on a low(ish) carb diet. Keep in mind this is being said by a 60 year old Irish fellow who loves his sandwiches. But a few years back I was able to lose about 40 pounds by restricting my carb intake, and I would like to lose a few more so… we shall see…

The third one is probably both the easiest and the hardest to do. You see, I do 95% of the cooking in my house. That means that I cook things that I like to eat and in turn food that tastes goooooood. So even though it is easy to say no to the second helping (“just say no”), it is also easy to take just a touch more because it tastes so yummy.

Those seem like decent resolutions for the New Year.

Anyone have their own list they would like to share? Remember, stick to general resolutions and avoid music ones here. Let’s hear them!

2 Likes

Nice set of resolutions! So nice in fact, I think I’ll just use your list for mine. They fit my situation perfectly. :slight_smile:

These are great! I didn’t get specific with mine but will before the month is over. I started an early rise and exercise schedule almost 2 years ago and I love it, and it does force me to go to bed early. Thankfully I have a few friends that have done it with me so there’s accountability…would be extremely tough if not.

I need something like this. Care to share what sort of exercise? I really need to trim the waist/gut. Holidays did’t help any…

We go back and forth to mix it up. We’ll do a few months of weight training on M/W/F with cardio on T/Th. Then we’ll do an AthleanX workout challenge that lasts 12 weeks…we’ve been through it twice. Here’s his site: https://athleanx.com/

We do the AX-1 90 day challenge, but I think we’re gonna do Breakout next: https://athleanx.com/breakout

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. It is great you have some support and motivation with a group too.

Good luck!

I have two resolutions this year

1. Read the Bible through in a year. ( I’ve read it all the way through before but never even close to a year)
  2. Practice perfectly as possible. I promise to not worry about speed but perfection this year in my playing. (I know you said not music related, but these are my resolutions.)
  3. I was actually forced into this one. I have to eat a little less cholesterol high foods and exercise more. This is the first time in my life I have hadn’t high LDL cholesterol, 37 yrs old time marches on! Planet Fitness has seen me a lot more so far this year.
    Hopefully I can get it back down by excersise so I can enjoy bacon again!
3 Likes

Very deliberate and nicely worded. Well done!

Sorry about the inevitable IPhone typos. They drive me crazy! Less typos in 2018 sounds like a good resolution.

1 Like

Amen to the typos problem!

The edit button quickly became one of my best friends on The forum

Not only typos we make, but the somewhat stealthy auto-correct on the iPhone provides for embarrassing and sometimes hilarious text. I resolve to watch for my typos and iPhone’s incorrect auto-corrects in 2018. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had no idea about the edit button but I know now!

1 Like

I’m sure you are Feeling much better to have the edit button… Sitting there… Waiting for your corrections!