Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New to Banjo Ben

Hello fellow mandolin players!
I’ve just joined Banjo Ben and the lessons and videos look great.
I’ve been teaching myself for 2 years or so, on and off ( there has been a lot of off, as life is busy!) and am very happy to have discovered this site with great lessons. Mostly I have been learning Irish trad and folk tunes, as well as a few chords.
Is there a way of returning to the lessons that I have looked at, sort of like a progress list so I know what I’ve learned and where to go next?
Thanks very much!
Yvonne

14 Likes

Howdy @yvonnefoulser Hearty welcome here! Check out the beginner, intermediate, and advanced checklists and take whichever one your skill level is. It may be a good idea to start with the beginner just as a fresher and make sure there is nothing in your technique that your doing wrong. Make sure you start with the beginning of the checklists and that will make sure you learn the lessons in the order @BanjoBen designed.

-Justus

8 Likes

Hello Y, welcome here!

I’d follow @Shaky_loves_banjo 's idea. And keep a tab or track of what I learn locally on my computer too.

5 Likes

You can also bookmark individual lessons…

7 Likes

Welcome to the group! I’ve been doing lessons on the mandolin for a little over a year now, Ben has an awesome program. And its never too soon to thing about getting to a Cabin Camp, they are awesome and you will learn so much! Good luck!
Jeff

6 Likes

Welcome to the board, Yvonne!

As Shaky said, check out the checklist at the top of the mandolin lessons page. You can use those check boxes to check off which lessons you’ve finished.

Also, on each lesson page, as you complete the video, that portion of the lesson will get checked off automatically.

Looking forward to seeing some videos of your progress.

5 Likes

welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum Yvonne.

Just to add to what @Mark_Rocka said, you can also go back any time and revisit any lesson you have completed once you are a Gold Pick Member.

4 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

To echo what Archie said about what John and Mark said about what Shaky said… sorry, I lost what I was going to say. Uhmmm , Welcome!

3 Likes

I’m lost too as I can’t think now as the evening was bad. :frowning:

1 Like