Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New Original, Track Gang

Last night I finished up a song I started writing in 2019 in honor of the 150th anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad. I’ll post a guitar tab soon.

I’ll try to record with my brother and @GraceS soon.

8 Likes

This is the melody of the verse. The F# bass note in the D chord you have to fret with your thumb.

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing it. :+1:

4 Likes

It’s a snow day today, so @GraceS and her brother Gideon are coming to record. with my brother Henry and I. Video should be out in a day or two.

6 Likes

Disclaimer: Beta version. Chords, melodies, licks, solos, and vocalists subject to future enhancement.
We were already late for something, I’m sure a couple more takes would have made it better, but this is the best one.
Here’s the video. The guitar and vocals are way to quiet in comparison to the banjo.

We need a band name. Any ideas?
6 Likes

Fabulous four… Maybe copyrighted…

OK HHGG Band or H2G2 Band or H²G² Band.

But song is good!

2 Likes

I would like to add a fiddle player to the group…

1 Like

hmm then H²G² Core Band. You can then add any player ad infinitum.

2 Likes

:rofl::wink:

2 Likes

How about The New Skillet Slickers as a band name.

3 Likes

I really liked that! Great job! Especially great backup while singing, that ain’t too easy.

How about Chrome Banana?

3 Likes

Great job!

Just the fact that you are trying to balance it is awesome. Listening is a skill that we all need. Part of what makes some of the pros so good is their ability to listen and react. Y’all keep using your ears and it will be fine.

Again, great job!

3 Likes

Adirondack Mountain Riders

2 Likes

I really like that one!

1 Like