Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New original - Midnight Firefly - clawhammer

So last night as I was putting myself to sleep with my banjo, I saw a lightning bug flying around my room (I had the light off) and I thought, “I’m gonna write a tune for that Firefly” so I did. It took about five minutes to compose, and was quick to learn to play too. I’ll let you guess why the first part of the title…
I’ve also learned it on guitar, and I’ll post that soon.
Hope you enjoy it!

8 Likes

Nice work on the claw. Guessing it was around midnight.

3 Likes

Thanks!
(This information has been removed to protect the guilty… me)

2 Likes

Oh No…Now that’s it’s out on the net, it’s there forever. :grin:

3 Likes

I just saw you smile NINE TIMES in a minute and nine seconds!
Was that firefly tickling you while you were playing?

3 Likes

That’s really cool! Almost makes me want to learn clawhammer…

3 Likes

Very nice there Gunnar!!!

3 Likes

Fireflies in December!! I’m not musical enough to create originals, so I find it very cool when folks do that. Great job!

2 Likes

It does not cost you anything, does it? But it works wonders, at least I thought so, so priceless! I mean, the smile! So my takeaway, “Keep smiling!” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks y’all!
Billy, I really like this tune and enjoy playing it! And I’m trying to reverse the stoic/grumpy musician stereotype :joy::grin:

5 Likes

Well keep smiling, Bro! You’re too good not to. You’ve already crossed that line between musician and entertainer, and there’s no turning back once you’ve discovered a hot mike.

5 Likes

Thanks I will!
And if you ask my parents, I was an entertainer long before I picked up an instrument :joy::joy:

6 Likes