Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New here

Hello, I’m new here. My name is Alan and I’m mainly a guitar player. I see most threads are dedicated to banjo. Is this community for guitar players as well?

2 Likes

Hi Alan, welcome to the forum. This forum is absolutely for you. It’s for guitar, banjo and mandolin players, and others as well and all skill levels; beginners and advanced players alike. Music fans, supportive significant others, etc.

You’ll find other members supportive, helpful and sincerely interested in you and your progress. Ben himself will join in as well and offer help and you should feel free to ask for help. You can even post videos of yourself and seek advice on advancing your skills.

I’ve only been here since last summer and have found this community to be a warm and encouraging group of people. I hope you enjoy it.

2 Likes

Hi Alan Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. Banjo players generally make more noise. I asked Ben why he’d chosen to use a flat pick for his new logo rather than a banjo thumb pick and his reply was he had more guitar students than he did banjo students. I guess they are just too shy to post. :rofl:

In reality many of Ben’s students are learning multi instruments. So don’t be shy about hollering any queries you may have. I am not a guitar player myself but someone will surely jump in with helpful advice. There are dedicated areas of the forum for each instrument so be sure to select Guitar at the subject line then you’ll know it will be read by other guitar players.

As @Maggie said this is a warm and friendly community, There are no trolls here to disrupted the harmony that exists between us that you may encounter on other forums. We are all students here with the same goals, to learn our instrument of choice and to improve our knowledge and playing skills.

I know you will be an asset here and I am glad you have come to join us.

2 Likes

@alanjackman84, let’s start some guitar threads!!! Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome @alanjackman84!

Thanks a lot for your replies. I’m glad there are guitar players here. I’ve actually been playing it for 6 years (as hobby), and banjo seems an interesting instrument to try out.

1 Like

Welcome Alan! I play guitar and banjo and love both. I do get on a “kick” that gets me hooked on one or the other, sometimes for weeks on end. Right now, my daughter Meli has me going on tunes that go with her fiddle, so I’m learning new fiddle songs that are often played on melodic banjo. It’s all just great fun. Looking forward to you posting a video some time. All the best, Neil

1 Like

I definitely know what that’s like!! I’m trying to keep up with guitar, mandolin, dobro, and bass guitar right now without getting to far behind on any of them. :grinning:

2 Likes

I can relate to that, I play guitar, banjo, fiddle, mandolin, harmonica, bass guitar, and now a little piano. I need more time in a day :joy:

1 Like

Wow!! that’s a lot of instruments! I have played a few tunes on fiddle, harmonica, etc. but i just don’t have time to devote to those right now. I played piano some before i started playing stringed instruments, but now when I have time I’m usually playing something else. Keep up the pickin!

1 Like