Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New Family Member

New member of my family a Clareen Special Tenor 19 Fret handmade in Ireland

@Archie you got any GDAE Irish tenor tab :+1:

8 Likes

Hi Lee, Yes I have a few tabs. What format PDF or TEF ?

1 Like

Both if Possible pal as I like to use both

Big thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Check your emails Lee

1 Like

Thanks Archie they were caught in my Spam filter :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to see you playin’ that there beauty! I’ve got a very old 17 fret tenor strung gdae that I want to start messing around with. It needs a decent setup because theres no telling if/when it was ever done. Thing is, the places I’ve brought it to, nobody can tell what brand, how old etc. When I do try to play it, I’ve just been using same stuff (tabs) I use for mando. My biggest issue is the G string is very floppy feeling. Probably goes back to “decent setup” . Anyway, congrats on new family member & most of all have fun :grin:!!!

3 Likes

Hi Lee, Don’t forget the Mandolin uses the same tuning and you can learn from @BanjoBen 's mando lessons. Especially the single string triplet lessons. BTW the tone will be much lower.

2 Likes

Hi Simone

Thanks she is a Beauty :+1:

I’m a way off being able to post anything but be sure if I get going I will

3 Likes

Yes pal I believe the tab for mando can be used and I will look at some of them for sure :+1:

3 Likes

Cool! Have fun playing it! I’ve played a couple, they’re cool

4 Likes

That’s a nice looking banjo @Lee_G! I think that would suit my worship team better than the 5-string… Speaking of other instruments, I tried to play a ukulele last night, but I still can figure out the tuning and chords. (it didn’t help I had no instruction or internet.).

4 Likes