Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Nashville October '22

You should ask @aliciabowman about my experience with the Quality Inn. It started with me getting trapped in my bathroom and ended with me getting moved to a room next door to someone I can only assume was demon possessed.

4 Likes

I presume you were practicing your banjo! Ask @aliciabowman ? Hmm nod-and-a-wink

Oh yeah. Lucky for me I had my phone in my pocket. I was keeping her posted on every new turn the whole event took because she’s the one that booked the room for me. I called down to the front desk and the little Indian girl answered by saying “Can you hold please?” I said “NO! I can’t hold. I’m trapped in my bathroom.”

She screamed “WHAT?! HOW DID YOU GET TRAPPED IN YOUR BATHROOM?!”

3 Likes

Ok, I need to hear more of this :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

When they finally got the maintenance guy up to my room, he yelled from the hall “Do you have your entry door latched from the inside?”

Well, YEAH! Why would I NOT have the latch latched?

So he said “I’m going to have to go get some bigger tools we’re going to have to break the outside door.”

I said “If any door is going to be broken, it’s going to be the one that has me trapped in the bathroom!” So I just started yanking on the door handle until the door broke and I could get out.

So they asked me if I wanted to move to a different room. I said “Nah. I can’t get trapped any more. This one is fine.” Then I turned on the A/C unit and it sounded like it had an entire marble collection bouncing around in it. I asked for a different room, so they moved me next to their resident poltergeist. It was down right freaky.

7 Likes

This has me in stitches….I’m just sorry I didn’t read it sooner! I’ve been in Italy for most of the last 6 weeks and off the internet for much of that…

On my first night at the Quality Inn I noticed some “sketchy” characters by the dumpster near the side door. I said something about it to the front desk man who said, “Yeah, well, we have a lot of contractors working at the hotel right now” implying it was okay because it was one of them! The next night there was a crackhead (there is simply not a nice way to describe him) asleep in the chair by the door…and in the morning of of the guys in my “band” said he tried to get into his room!

But nothing beats your story. I can picture this all in my head, especially the “I need to get some bigger tools….”

3 Likes