Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Name for us BanjoBen Forum Members

Hahahaha perfect… @jmonickaraj1

3 Likes

Not quite… but close. @jmac1987 was not me if that was meant to me. :wink: Sorry for the nitpicking…

2 Likes

Indeed… Meant for you… I must have fat-fingered it in the list… Sorry @jmonickaraj1

3 Likes

Your absolutely right Will, and what better way to encourage them to become Gold Pick Members than to own a neat T shirt bearing the words Gold Pick Member… Just sayin

3 Likes

Heck, I want that tee now! I’m just sayin’

Great idea, @Archie

Heck, I even want the standard shirts that are available… but all in time once I start working again.

@Archie,

I know there is a Resonator with my name on it… In my future (only have the one Hallowback now).

At a somewhat modest price-point of around $1,000… What would you suggest?

A RK? Deering? Of course, I would like to have a Huber… But just cannot at double (and then some) the cost.

I know Jake will give great advice on the best choices but I value your opinion. May I ask, how many Banjos do you own? What’s your fav?

(Maybe this should have been a separate thread…)

2 Likes

Hi Will, I am no banjo expert when it comes to making a purchase @Jake is the best person to advise.

I own a Chinese built Fender FB58 resonator banjo which I bought maybe ten years ago for about $600 it has been a great workhorse alas this banjo is no longer available in the UK. You might be able to buy one second hand in the US. I keep a watchful eye on the UK secondhand market looking for a bargain.

My other banjo is a Stelling Masterflower @BanjoBen is an authorised dealer so check out the General Store for more info.

I believe the RK with the bell brass tone ring is similar to the Fender FB58… But If you can save a little more I believe the Goldtone OB3 “Twanger” is a much superior sounding instrument

3 Likes

RK-R35 Madison would be my recommendation for 1000$. If you can save 500 more though the OB-3
is well spoken of by all

3 Likes

We need to get together so you can play mine. You’ll love it.

3 Likes

By the way, Gold Pick Member always makes me think:

3 Likes

Hey y’all went online, fooled around, and made my own design just off the top of my head. It was something fun to do. What do y’all think :grin:

8 Likes

Love the design!.. But the colors!!! Some of us are from Ohio!!!

But seriously, that is a very nice design and thanks for taking the time to come up with that!!

6 Likes

Thanks. Your welcome like I said it was fun and gave me something to do . Did not mean to offend with the blue, It’s been my favorite color since I was a kid :wink:

5 Likes

Yes we do and I will! I might be coming to Houston tomorrow…

Looks great!

Mine too! Just maybe slightly brighter hue…

5 Likes

Yeah they didn’t have a very wide range of blues sadly it was that baby or navy if I remember it correctly.

4 Likes

T looks good. Blue is my favorite too. My favorite blue shade might probably be Yale blue, RGB 14,77,146 with no shine.

5 Likes

@jw11,

I think the colors are GREAT!

Design too @Lone_Wolf!

6 Likes

You didn’t offend me Lone Wolf!.. I’m just funnin’ with ya!

As for you WillCoop…! Oh, just funnin’ with you too!

4 Likes

I know Jeff I’m just playing along with ya :wink:

4 Likes

I meant to throw this name out there but failed to post it.

The Pickin’Pals

5 Likes

I like that

3 Likes